I love my GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
REAL NICE BIKE! I got a bike "problem" too. I like BMWs too ... and many others. But, budget says only one at a time ... and I am not getting any younger. This HD might be my last, yet my wife laughs when I say that. It would be harder this time, as a passenger, she loves the Road King and cant justify a second bike at this time.

Last edited:
Nice GS, Bigdreama!

I just went to a '16 Multistrada from my '13 Multi. I think I just need to get used to the new one but the '13 had a more visceral, primal feel to it. Tried dirt once with the '13, dropped it, separated my right shoulder, and ... enough of that nonsense on such a tall heavy bike. I prefer the term KTM coined about this class of bike: Travel Adventure, or maybe they said Travel Enduro, can't remember.

I have a virtual bike habit in that even though I am lucky to have a really great bike, I enjoy looking at different bikes both online and, when I get the chance, in person at a shop or etc. When I do, I'm often like "I like it, I want it..." but then reality sets in and like alarmguy said, has to be one at a time on account of money management.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Nice GS, Bigdreama!

I just went to a '16 Multistrada from my '13 Multi. I think I just need to get used to the new one but the '13 had a more visceral, primal feel to it. Tried dirt once with the '13, dropped it, separated my right shoulder, and ... enough of that nonsense on such a tall heavy bike. I prefer the term KTM coined about this class of bike: Travel Adventure, or maybe they said Travel Enduro, can't remember.

I have a virtual bike habit in that even though I am lucky to have a really great bike, I enjoy looking at different bikes both online and, when I get the chance, in person at a shop or etc. When I do, I'm often like "I like it, I want it..." but then reality sets in and like alarmguy said, has to be one at a time on account of money management.

Thanks Nightranger.
I have never ridden a Multistrada and I never will because from everything that I have heard and read, they are awesome! I can't imagine the power on that frame and I simply can't afford to test ride one.

Congratulations and post up a pic or two if you get a chance.

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Did you see the Ewan McGregor "Long Way Round" documentary from his trip around the world on a GS bike? They used R1200GS, if I recall correctly.

http://longwayround.com/journeys_long-way-round.htm

I still miss my little F700GS.

Oh yeah. Ewan and Charlie actually used 2004 R1150GS's on their "long way round" tour but updated to R1200GS's on their later "long way down" ride. The first one is much better if any one wants to watch them

They would have been much better served by KLR's. Remember the Soviet era 2 stroke riding around them in the tough stuff?

Originally Posted By: bigdreama

Thanks Nightranger.
I have never ridden a Multistrada and I never will because from everything that I have heard and read, they are awesome! I can't imagine the power on that frame and I simply can't afford to test ride one.

Congratulations and post up a pic or two if you get a chance.

Ask and ye shall receive . . .
smile.gif

IMG_20160501_120727826_zps0q1hnb5d.jpg

IMG_20160501_120650062_HDR_zpstrvfz4b1.jpg

IMG_20160501_120906430_zpsjt93bovn.jpg

IMG_20160501_114916709_zpsagjt6lva.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back