Mower Lift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy a mower lift for my new 42" zero turn mower. I need some advice about the best one to buy. I have read both good and bad about Pro Lift, Pittsburg (Harbor Freight), and MoJack. Anyone have any personal experience that would help me make up my mind? Thanks!

Yes. Read and looked at a lot of information. Plus and minus on them all. Just hoping someone here has some good or bad experience with any of them.

I thought MoJack and the HFT models were the only games in town, but maybe not. With my ZTR and other riding mowers, I always just park it in the corner of the yard or off to the side somewhere, raise the deck and gave it a reach under scrape with a stick or wood stake, then I blow the whole thing off with a leaf blower. Rake or blow the clumps off into the woods. Done.

Last edited:
I had not thought of car ramps, but car ramps block access from the sides. Wouldn't that make it a lot harder to remove the blades? I will have to look into it. I am an older man that still likes to do as much as I can myself. Having easy access to the underside of the mower would make it easier to do maintenance.

I have a HE lift and it's a life saver, or I should say back saver. My tractor has a fabricated 52" deck that weighs a ton. I had it off once, and will only do it again when absolutely necessary. When I want to clean the deck or change blades ramps won't do the job, they're under the deck, too low, etc. Just drive on the lift, raise, insert safety pin and clean away, plenty of room to work. I bought mine with 20% off coupon and got it for something like $79, best money I've spent in a while.

Originally Posted By: Wingman
I had not thought of car ramps, but car ramps block access from the sides. Wouldn't that make it a lot harder to remove the blades? I will have to look into it. I am an older man that still likes to do as much as I can myself. Having easy access to the underside of the mower would make it easier to do maintenance.

I have a set of taller steel ramps that allow me to be able to crawl between the 2 front tires to get to the middle blade. The mower hangs over the ramps enough to where the other blades are easily accessible.

Its easier to do the job with the mower deck raised.

Originally Posted By: bchannell
I have a HE lift and it's a life saver, or I should say back saver. My tractor has a fabricated 52" deck that weighs a ton. I had it off once, and will only do it again when absolutely necessary. When I want to clean the deck or change blades ramps won't do the job, they're under the deck, too low, etc. Just drive on the lift, raise, insert safety pin and clean away, plenty of room to work. I bought mine with 20% off coupon and got it for something like $79, best money I've spent in a while.

+1. I messed with ramps, blocks of wood, bricks, etc to get under the deck of my tractor for years with limited success. I bought a Mojack three years ago. Very easy to use and I can clean my deck or change the blades without it turning into a major job. I would rate my purchase as some of the best money that I ever spent on a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back