Home brewed some 2 Stroke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some home brewing today. I mixed 80% Motul 710 with 20% Klotz Benol then I mixed the brew @ 44:1. Very little smoke and the exhaust smelled nicer than plain 710. I figured I'd have the cleanliness of a FD oil with the film strength of castor. Yeah I know I could have just gotten some Super Techniplate but I already had both the 710 and Benol.

When it comes to 2T oil, I have a hard time getting away from: Maxima K2 or Torco GP-7 if I'm flush with $$$$

It's been awhile since I ran Maxima 927 Castor...I loved that smell....but hated the mess.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Not a good idea to mix two stroke oils. Especially bean and petroleum.

It's an ester and bean mix.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Been there, done that, got the TShirt. Shake it up good, that castor will fall out. I would have gone all bean...

I have some poured in a sealed clear plastic container. I'm going to monitor to see if it falls out of suspension but I got in the habit of always shaking my cans. I would go full castor, but at least four pieces of my equipment are still under warranty and I'm scared that the bean will gum them up.

I've never tried that combo. But in centuries past, at a very young age, I've mixed 2 cycle oils many, many times. Mostly mixing cheap dino oil and expensive BelRay MC-1 synthetic 75-25%. Of course, my engines did not hold up all that well back then either... probably not due to the oil, but the racing abuse and the fact that they were air cooled bikes.

Originally Posted By: Silk
Castor makes hard carbon, check your exhaust after you've used it all up.

This. I used to run strait Benoil Castor (50:1) in my trimmer for a couple years and it plugged up the spark arrestor on the muffler several times.

I'm going to probably ditch the castor but it was fun to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back