Quaker State Advanced Durability Green Bottle

QSGB really won me over after I ran it in my old 305 Chevy pickup. Noticeably quieter running than Pennzoil and especially Valvoline conventionals. Good oil for a good price.

I have run QSGB in my old work car and now my daughters car a 2004 Hyundai Sonata 2.7 L for 275 K miles with great reports from blackstone for 10 years I got the car with 5000 miles on it and when I left the company I bought the car,,,,,,,, still have a good stash of 5w30 in the garage for it
01.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Red91
I am convinced that QSAD 20W-50 and Liqui-Moly MoS2 may be the greatest combo for an old engine in the history of mankind.

Laugh !!!
We don't get QSGB here…….but I will admit to have run a few old cars on GTX 20W-50 with MoS2, and they just kept on going.

I think it's a solid combo. I've liked it so far. Just have to locate QS 20W-50, probably have to get it online now. What I currently have was on clearance at a local parts store.

Just did the OC today and it's the best I've ever experienced in my 2 1/2 years of ownership of the Chrys. 2.5L. Noticeably quieter running and I did it WITHOUT the oil flush stuff. Just ran it real good n' hot and all the dark stuff came out quite well. This was the longest interval I've ever gone...7+ mos.

I also learned something I suspected for sometime. The 2.5L oil dipstick is absolutely inaccurate. Put precisely 4.5 qts. of QS AD 10w-30 in and it read right even with the bottom mark. I believe this is why so many Sebring 2.5L owners are having aeration probs. We are overfilling these Sebrings by as much as 2 quarts over time according to a Chrysler recall notice I just spotted on the net today. That explains it! And also adds to the "smoking" problem we all experience. I noticed a significant lower amount of smoke with this latest OC. The K&N PS-2004 oil filter didn't hurt either...S-M-O-O-T-H! I'm picking up a universal dipstick 2-morrow at Carquest and adjusting it to my preference.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
I heard QS smells bad when you drain it.

It's a life changing event. gz

I have run QSGB in my 04 Hyundai for 275k miles not one oil related issue , that should speak volumes for the oil labs are all good on it and my kids have not been able to kill the car , it resides at college with my son now up in the north woods of Wisconsin

Decided not to replace the dipstick as today it registered right @ full mark after running the engine for about an hour. My advice to anyone that owns the Chrys./Mitsubishi 2.5L engine...Don't believe the stick right after your OC. Know how much to put in and check it again later after a good drive. On our way to 147K!

Again...good smooth driving with the QSAD 10w-30 with excellent acceleration and less smoke although not entirely cleared up. It smokes for about 5 to 10 min. during a good drive then stops. Not messing with it 4 now.

First winter I had my Tribute filled it with QSGB 5W-20 and a OCOD.

The 5W-20 QSGB had a really, really low ccs of [email protected] why I chose it.

Ran great all winter on it...no starting issues whatsoever.

I believe that the QSGB may have some synthetic in it due to the low CCS and NOACK. The 5w30 tested by PQIA has a NOACK of 11.4. Which is lower than the Dexos limit if 13. Many of the 5w30s have noacks really around 14-15 range.

I drained the Havoline 5w20 and added QSGB 5w20 2 days ago and so far I'm very pleased with it and it made my engine much quieter.
Good chance I'll run QSGB long term.

I'm using it right now. Smoothest and quietest oil I've run so far. Super cheap and lots of moly. A friend of mine used it in his highly modded 300ZX twin turbo on drag strip days.

Originally Posted by oilchangeguy
Any long term users out there>? What has been your experience with this oil?

It's what I put 90% of the time in my wife's 2008 Ford Edge. It has over 170,000 km with no issues.

Back