Dating a girl with a kid? Who's done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
50% of all marriages end in divorce! That leads many singles with kids. Ironically, I know a few ex-husbands that have primary custody of their children. Is this forum from the 70's Archie Bunker?????

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Is this forum from the 70's Archie Bunker?????

lol.gif

yes.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What about...

Christian Mingle or Christian Single (dot) com ?

At his age tinder.com would maybe be a better bet.

Maybe the OP can ask coworkers or friends if they know any women for a blind date ?

There's got to be a woman out there for him.

Houston is a big city, its not like he is living in Humpty Dumpty, Kentucky.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
First off,don't date 20 year old little girls. All they will want to do is party,.

Yeah that's a problem....young good looking chicks who want to party....if you're gay
lol.gif
lol.gif

I work in healthcare and know lots of nurses that are single.

If OilMadMan was down here I would set him up on a few blind dates...

My wife works in healthcare for over 20 years as a Physical therapist. Nurses gnenerally atttracts folks to profression with all sorts of issues. Even my few relatives in it are nuts including my dear sister(works system) and wife's aunt who could be an episode of hoarders.

My buddy dated a girl with a kid for a while. One day the kid started calling him dad, that was the end of dating that girl.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I work in healthcare and know lots of nurses that are single.

If OilMadMan was down here I would set him up on a few blind dates...

My wife works in healthcare for over 20 years as a Physical therapist. Nurses gnenerally atttracts folks to profression with all sorts of issues. Even my few relatives in it are nuts including my dear sister(works system) and wife's aunt who could be an episode of hoarders.

The other day a woman asked me out for coffee to 'talk'.... I declined since I'm married but I would set her up on blind date with OP

Originally Posted By: stower17
So I'm 27, all i have to say is if the girl you supposedly "like" has a kid and it bothers you then you need to move on. I've been in your situation before and honestly i thought it was an added bonus or perk to the relationship. Move on if its not right for you.

Amen, I agree with you 100%. I sometimes suspect I am warped back to the 50's-60's era with this crowd here.

After spending a couple minutes reading the bizarre advice in this thread, it makes me appreciate even more my wife of 44 years. Some of you need to seriously grow up-it's no wonder you can't hold a relationship together or find quality women to build a life with.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
After spending a couple minutes reading the bizarre advice in this thread, it makes me appreciate even more my wife of 44 years.

God bless her indeed.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Dated a lady with 2 daughters, only dated for 2 weeks, got married 2 weeks later. Daughters are now in their 40's, raised them as my own. I am now in my 70's, wife in her 60's, true love is a wonderful thing.

BTW, the girls were only 7 & 9 when we married.

It's not 1980 anymore...........

Originally Posted By: Huie83
It totally depends on the woman and the situation. All women are different, you could find a wonderful woman with kids or a complete nut job. It's important to take the time to get to know the woman first and introduce the kids later. I mean, really get to know her. In my experience women hide all their flaws in the beginning and they come out over a few years, make sure none of them are major... Usually dating younger women is better, they don't have as many issues from past relationships etc.

My wife has two kids who were 4 and 5 when we got married, we have one of our own now.

Things you will have to deal with as a step Dad:

- You aren't their real Dad and will struggle for respect.
- Unless her and her ex are in perfect standing, there will be legal battles, custody paperwork changes, child support paperwork and some pretty major $$ spent on this.
- "Our Dad let's us drink a case of soda a day, play mature rated games and stay up all night, why don't you? We never get to do anything fun here". Have fun dealing with the co-parents bad decisions.
- For whatever reason she will be more protective of her kids and scrutinize how you treat them. For example; my wife got all huffy yesterday because I called her boys "weenies" for not wanting to go out and play in the rain. They are 9 and 10 mind you. I was just trying to make a point that when I was a kid I played in the rain and it was fun. She got all offended that I called her boys a name...Whatever... If I called my son a weenie in joking she wouldn't bat a eye.

That being said, it can be a great thing also. Taking the kids under your wing and raising them is a big accomplishment. It is a TON of work to be a good parent so just make sure you have done what you want to do on your own and that you can sacrifice "you" time for the kids, they always come first.

You forgot:
You will ALWAYS be second-fiddle (at best) in the relationship.

Unless you net yourself a rich widow or heiress, any man that gets married needs his head examined. It's like Russian roulette with three in the cylinder.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I'm 26 and it seems harder and harder to not find a girl who hasn't gotten pregnant.

Stop looking for girls at your local walmart. Try online sites like eharmony where you can better control the "features" of your prospects.

Eharmony is a joke. They should be sued for fraud. I tried it and even with my narrowing my search criteria to less than 50 miles. (The closest it would allow)it still had me searching for people who were 2 hours away. Plus 90 percent of the profiles were active over a month ago, which basically means they aren't using the site anymore. I seriously think that site keeps your profile up even after you've deleted it.

They do...my brother's account has gotten a couple of "hits" in the last few months. (He will have been dead 5 years ago Memorial Day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back