UPS package tracking is so confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I ordered an Arris SB6141 modem from Amazon. The delivery window originally provided was sometime during the early part of next week. The item started out in Pennsylvania, went to Ohio, then back to PA even further east, then back to the SAME shipment center in Ohio! It makes no sense! The delivery date is now still within the window originally provided, but briefly it said it was supposed to show up yesterday (early) before it headed back to PA. Here's what the tracking looks like:

Maumee, OH, United States 04/29/2016 6:26 P.M. Arrival Scan
Harrisburg, PA, United States 04/29/2016 8:07 A.M. Departure Scan
04/29/2016 2:04 A.M. Arrival Scan
Bethlehem, PA, United States 04/29/2016 12:22 A.M. Departure Scan
Maumee, OH, United States 04/27/2016 7:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
New Stanton, PA, United States 04/27/2016 3:30 P.M. Departure Scan
04/27/2016 1:52 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 04/26/2016 9:03 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

It's probably some error, and it's not a big deal, since I don't need it until Wednesday anyhow. I called UPS and they told me the shipment had been delayed, but nothing else odd was happening.

For Sure, i can tell you that First stop in Maumee(South of Toledo) didn't happen. according to Google, it's a 6.5 hr Drive, and there's only 4.5 hrs between scans(might work if they put it on a plane, but then why send it back to the Far side of PA - Bethlehem is only ~90 mi from NYC)

"Delayed" IE: we put it on the wrong Truck, and sent it to the wrong side of PA...
see the route from Bethlehem to Maumee,goes right through both Harrisburg, and New Stanton, which is where it originated....

I stopped caring a couple years ago. If it gets here it gets here, if it doesn't, I get a replacement.

Originally Posted By: montero1
I stopped caring a couple years ago. If it gets here it gets here, if it doesn't, I get a replacement.

THIS!! I get 5-15 packages a week and I would drive myself mad if I looked at the tracking.

Probably got mishandled and in the wrong bin. It happens. At least they keep good track of it.

A few years ago, I actually bought a text book that had a similar issue. (I believe I made a thread about it.) It was coming from Wisconsin to Indiana, but went a few states over and finally to Ohio where it was "delivered" and "left on the dock" and signed by someone named Carver. I called the book company and my credit card company telling them what happened. It came in 5 days later.

The best thing I can tell is that it was a skid full of smaller packages and they just gave me the skid's tracking info.

Sometimes they'll fall off the conveyor and be put back on the wrong one, it happens all the time. Or the sorter puts it on the wrong load belt. Atleast it was found and not stuck in an underguard. There's no telling how many smalls or envelope packages we find cleaning out underguards on quarterly PM's. BTW, I know exactly where that Bethlehem facility is!

Amazon will take care of you either way.

I buy about 3-5 items weekly from amazon prime and only have 1-2 per year that are late.

They use a variety of shipping methods, including the USPS and UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back