Forever oil/filter combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of an odd question, but I get where you're going - You want to know what we think would last the longest before it just flat out gives out.

Since I've only done UOAs on my Fusion so far, I will answer in regards to that car. I don't think the filter would matter that much, at least not at first, since my engine is excellent in regards to particulates, and since you didn't say I can't change the air filter every so often, I will be doing that, which will keep the particulates down.. at least until the oil starts to fail.

So... I'll say Fram Ultra, since it filters extremely well, and holds a tremendous amount of material. Hands down, easy choice.

Oil will be a little harder to decide though, since there are so many great oils on the market. Pretty much any Pennzoil oil would be an option for me, and yes that includes PYB. Kendall GT-1 would also be a good choice.

I drive a Chevy Volt, so I'd use a Microgreen filter and Mobil 1 EP 5w30. Since I only use the engine about 10% of the time, this could last me easily 200,000 miles.

Flame on, gents!

I would use a Baldwin B-37 & 4 quarts of Supertech 5w-30 & Let 'Er Rip! (or course, record the oil change day and see how long it takes for my Yaris to emplode)

Chevy Volt Wins!

I would want a 12 valve cummins, full bypass filtration system, Delvac 1 oil.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Unicorn horn oil and bypass filtration.

However, in reality, 1000's of college kids make this decision every day.

Silly premise for a question.

I'd prolly run Motul Ester 300V and an oversized Napa Gold on the engine and a by-pass on the fender liner.

Can I top up along the way? What about when I change the by-pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back