Auto Rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried AutoRX with not much to show for it... But I have been running HDEO's in those engines, so maybe there was not much to do ...

I think Kreen is a much more capable cleaners. 8 oz per oil change.

I also use Break-Free (gun carbon solvent) to loosen stuck rings. A goodly shot through the plug hole when changing plugs. Soak overnight, fire it off and the rings are working freer
smile.gif

I've used it with excellent results.

The problem with the product is that it works very gradually and you must follow instructions. People want results right now. So they use a solvent instead, like MMO or some branded engine flush. It's your choice.

Mechanics need to get the process over with, bill the customer and be done so a solvent is the product of choice.

If you want results right now then don't try Auto-Rx. If you don't mind getting involved then try it, but be patient, ask questions on their website or refer to the FAQ's.

For an older engine run on dino, it works great. I've used it with good results on at least 4 vehicles. As BrocLuno said though, with a synthetic and proper interval you probably won't see any results.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
For an older engine run on dino, it works great. I've used it with good results on at least 4 vehicles. As BrocLuno said though, with a synthetic and proper interval you probably won't see any results.

Same goes for a good conventional oil with a proper interval. Conventional oil does not create sludge.

Originally Posted By: bvance554

Same goes for a good conventional oil with a proper interval. Conventional oil does not create sludge.

Agreed. Very accurate post.

+2 agreed. I think PP cleans as good as any snake oil but over time slowly.

Originally Posted By: Doog

+3

Want to see a heated debate? Recommend MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) for slow, gradual cleaning. We have certain members here that will say
06.gif
spankme2.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
NO and not to do that, others say it is the same slow and over time gradual cleaning effect.

I have to think there is something to not putting anything but motor oil in an engine. We have so much non-motor oil to choose from.. Seafoam, ATF, B12, MMO, AutoRX, there are more than this, and at the end of the day I have to ask if accelerating the cleaning of an engine that otherwise functions really serves any purpose.

Originally Posted By: Doog

Perhaps I should have said "with a modern oil and proper interval". Although from personal experience I did get some ARX cleaning out of an older 70s car that I'd run with dino and 3000 mile intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back