What prevents pics from being viewed on posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work computer. I can access a lot of sites. Even Youtube and play videos. The problem is when I go to ,say, Stevesnovasite,com and want to see pics posted from members, all I see is a small black box with an "x" through it. Is there something turned off that's not allowing me to see them That I can check? The comp is OptiPlex 390.

If you're at work, then it's the work filters. Tinypic etc don't work for me while at work. The Man is keeping you from looking at inappropriate stuff.

Originally Posted By: supton
If you're at work, then it's the work filters. Tinypic etc don't work for me while at work. The Man is keeping you from looking at inappropriate stuff.

That's most likely the case because I'm able to view images there even without logging in.

Make sure
tags if you're talking about seeing pics while posting instead of the URL.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Work computer. I can access a lot of sites. Even Youtube and play videos.

Have you considered actually working while you're at work? Unless it's business oriented, you're using company time and resources for personal use.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Have you considered actually working while you're at work? Unless it's business oriented, you're using company time and resources for personal use.

Have you considered that he could be doing this on his lunch time?

Still using a company resource, the computer, but not necessarily using company time.

Our work policy allows personal use of company resources on personal time WRT web surfing; we have plenty of filters.

Don't let that get in the way of Pop make his usual pretentious comments.

Gotta do something while patches are installing, or firmware is updating, etc.

I do a great deal of work at night. If it wasn't for "distractions" while waiting, I might fall asleep on a customer site.

Then there is always waiting for the customer who is off-site to call back, email, or do something and get back with you
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

Our work policy allows personal use of company resources on personal time WRT web surfing; we have plenty of filters.

Don't let that get in the way of Pop make his usual pretentious comments.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Maybe you need to be logged in as a member there to view pics/attachments?

I am a member there. stevesnovasite.com

I don't sit behind a computer with nice cold a/c like you probably do. Once I get in from the field I am FREE to do whatever on the computer, barring nsfw stuff. It is 100% alright with the boss. Worry about yourself.

Have you considered MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS for once?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back