Ford Debuts Game Changer EcoBlue Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
What does the kit cost for a retail customer to buy?

$4065.73 plus $1500.00 core. Tech got 23 hours to do it at $140 an hour. These were more parts needed than that kit including the frame mounted pump and in tank sender.

When I worked for one car magazine in Europe, we were testing Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCI with 185hp.
So editor was hitting constantly 130-145mph, and we notice VW Golf GTI with 2.0TFSI engine in back. Soon he catches up and turns on lights. It was police interceptor.
Guy says: yeah I know you are testing car (we had signs on the car it is test etc.), but I just want to know what engine is in, because I am trying to catch you for good 10 km's. :):):):)

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
21.gif
There are Ford techs on those forums too. If they were denied coverage with the records that you describe they have a case for a lawsuit. I talked to the diesel shop managers at two of the major Ford dealers in my area (I know one of them personally) before I bought my truck and both of them told me that if the HPFP fails and there is no evidence of damage from a non-covered source, the pump is covered. Every dealer has its own interpretation and parts of the country are different too, I am just saying it does not seem to be that widespread of an issue (pumps failing without water in the fuel).

It's not my fight, or really even my concern, as I have no need for a Diesel pickup currently. And thankfully, I no longer work on consumer vehicles for a living, so I don't have to deal with repairing them either.

I do have lots of friends and acquaintances still in the consumer vehicle repair business all over the country. Most of the cases I've heard of have been unsolicited by me. They are just relating issues that they've personally seen and dealt with.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
What does the kit cost for a retail customer to buy?

$4065.73 plus $1500.00 core. Tech got 23 hours to do it at $140 an hour. These were more parts needed than that kit including the frame mounted pump and in tank sender.

Ouch!

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
WOW! I can't imagine making a near-$10k mistake twice! Was it a company owned truck?

Trust fund baby, he earns more a month than most of us work for in a year, his insurance covered it both times since he claimed one of his people did it. I had to explain to the insurance adjuster that there was a kit for what he did and that all the parts by themselves were around $6-7,000. He wanted me to bill them out individually, and I finally said "I thought your job was to save your company money, you are letting them down right now." Another trip to the principal's office.

Same guy parked the truck on the side of the road to relieve himself. Locked the keys in the truck with the engine idling. He was under the influence of a green substance and forgot the keyless entry code. He did what any rational person would do and shattered a window to get in.

The only positive about this guy is we in parts are paid on commission.

It'll be interesting to see which vehicles that engine shows up in here. If and when Edge launches here, that engine would be a perfect fit!

WOW! I can't imagine making a near-$10k mistake twice! Was it a company owned truck?

Trust fund baby, he earns more a month than most of us work for in a year, his insurance covered it both times since he claimed one of his people did it. I had to explain to the insurance adjuster that there was a kit for what he did and that all the parts by themselves were around $6-7,000. He wanted me to bill them out individually, and I finally said "I thought your job was to save your company money, you are letting them down right now." Another trip to the principal's office.

Same guy parked the truck on the side of the road to relieve himself. Locked the keys in the truck with the engine idling. He was under the influence of a green substance and forgot the keyless entry code. He did what any rational person would do and shattered a window to get in.

Those are the kind of customers you need. I wish I had a few customers like him.
wink.gif

LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back