For all the Tom Brady haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

JM2C

Is that what you call it. 2 cents?

I don't even bother to read your stuff anymore. You'd think he had done something serious the way you go on and on and on. Plenty of players beat women, kill people and injure on purpose. But you don't get worked up about that.

I am all broken up. ( and obviously you do or you wouldn't have commented )

I am not going on and on. I am simply posting in an active thread and responding when people address me directly( or indirectly like Jaraxle has been doing with the insults ).

Yes, I do think Brady did something serious. Very serious actually. He cheated, lied about it, destroyed evidence to cover it up, and so forth. That is serious. AGAIN if he had just admitted it at the outset this would have been a blip on the screen and then already long forgotten. Not what happened though now is it.

Who says I don't get worked up when players beat women, kill, or injure on purpose? Totally untrue. For instance. IMO, the players and coaches of the Saints that were involved in "Bounty Gate" should have all been banned for life. Not suspended or fined; banned for life. What about the thread I started about the high school football players who attacked the ref? I was outraged over that. DT Suh who played in Detroit and is now in Miami is a dirty rotten SOB and tries to hurt other players all the time. That guy should have been suspended for a year+ already long ago or even banned if he continued on after the suspension(s).

If you mean how I have said that I don't believe the NFL should suspend and/or fine players for off field criminal actions I stand behind that. The NFL is not the legal system and it is not their job to hand down punishment for non league actions. Certainly the teams can and most likely should cut the player and other teams should not sign them but the league should not be punishing players unless they did something league related.

The NFL had NO business fining and/or suspending Hardy, Peterson, Rice( especially here as the wife shares a lot of the blame for that incident ), etc... over their off field violent episodes. Saying that does not mean I am not upset by or outraged over violence by players( or anyone else )though and is an unjustified and out of line comment by you. It just means I want the legal system to handle the punishment not the NFL. The NFL's recourse is for teams to cut the player period IMO.

I love how you always put words into other people's mouths.

Originally Posted By: greenjp

JM2C

You've given us way more than just two cents!
grin.gif

jeff

You post your way and I post mine. Please use the ignore feature if you don't want to see/read what I post. Pretty simple.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Hey, Tom's not a bad guy...after all he married my ex-girlfriend after I dumped her....
beer3.gif

You dumped her too?

You post your way and I post mine. Please use the ignore feature if you don't want to see/read what I post. Pretty simple.

You sure are wound tight aren't you? The phrase that comes to mind is "NHHEMI doth protest too much, methinks". I recommend
cheers3.gif
to help you relax.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
If anything I think this whole process exposed how lax the NFL rules are regarding the pre-game ball handling procedures. I have only really gotten into following the NFL in previous years, but I assumed that there were NFL officials that took care of that, and not have team associated personnel control it.
Lax? It looks like a bunch of useless nanny rules. Let the QBs how much air they like.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Hey, Tom's not a bad guy...after all he married my ex-girlfriend after I dumped her....
beer3.gif

You dumped her too?

LOL, yeah...she was always walking around the house naked....got tired of it after a while.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Brady suspended for 4 games next season. I tried to link the article but it didn't work.
A troll on an automotive forum.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I love how you are labeled a "hater" if you think Brady did it and thus deserved punishment for cheating, lying, obstructing the investigation, destroying evidence, etc... Just makes me laugh. I live in the Patriot's home area and have followed the team going back to Jim Plunkett in the early 70's. I have been a Patriot fan a LOT longer than a lot of people defending Brady( well I am not really right now - too much cheating and unethical behavior for my taste since BB took over ). I was a fan in the dark days as well and not just in the modern era of success. The difference is I do not wear blinders and excuse stuff just because they are winning. I was raised better than that. So label me a hater for having common sense and expecting integrity of teams and players I follow if it makes you feel better.

I would actually say the ones who are ignoring the facts and are being influenced by their emotions on this are the fans of Brady and the Patriots. They are so in love with Brady and the team that they overlook obvious cheating. Just win baby( at all costs ). Very reminiscent of the Giants fans during Bonds steroid use. They loved him and blindly supported him while the rest of the country wanted him run out of the league and banned from the HOF for the cheater he is. Same now with Brady. NE fans ignore what he did while the rest of the country wants him held responsible.

The bottom line is Brady was involved in cheating. Period and end of story. No one, with an ounce of common sense, can truly believe he didn't know what was going on and that it wasn't at his request. That just stretches the bounds of credibility beyond the breaking point.

He plays for a coach who has a DOCUMENTED history of cheating and of pushing the rules as far as he possibly can as well. He has "grown up" as an NFL player in an environment where it is considered acceptable to cheat and to try and get away with whatever you can, whenever you can, to try and get any edge possible. If caught play dumb and deny.

The truth is he did it, got caught, and is paying a high price for being a repeat offender of sorts. His association with the team and their past cheating/rule pushing scandals( while he was QB )is biting him now. Also, if he had just owned it when caught and cooperated he would have faced probably just a fine and maybe a game max. Instead he and the team went on the defense by attacking the league and trying to shift focus off what happened. He destroyed evidence and didn't cooperate as well. So, he now has to lay in the bed HE made for himself.

I am glad the Court reinstated the suspension. Brady deserves it for the totality of all that has gone on with deflategate. I don't say that because it is Brady ether even though I admit I don't like him. I want to see cheating punished. IT should be more than a slap on the wrist too.

You make Huge assumptions based on absolutely Zero Evidence! Zero .......

If you mean there is no tape of Brady telling the ball guy to deflate the balls, you are correct. However, there is A LOT of circumstantial evidence, all of which points to Brady's guilt...
"Guilt" is a term used in criminal cases. There may be criminals playing in the NFL but Brady isn't one of them.

Brady will be returning to the game fresh and uninjured while starting OBs on other teams have had four games to get beat up. For an older QB that might be a plus.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
beer3.gif

You dumped her too?

LOL, yeah...she was always walking around the house naked....got tired of it after a while.
13.gif

That must have gotten old real fast. I suppose you upgraded right?

Originally Posted By: Turbo_Lemming
The Patriots just bring out the worst in people. The guy is an accomplished NFL star, but also a Masshole. This leaves people not knowing how to be.

GHT confirmed

Originally Posted By: silverrat
The Patriots just bring out the worst in people. The guy is an accomplished NFL star, but also a Masshole. This leaves people not knowing how to be.

GHT confirmed

Who the [censored] is GHT and what other person doesn't know the word Masshole and what team does he play for. And I don't even watch sports. Is Tom Brady the best thing since slided bread?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Brady will be returning to the game fresh and uninjured while starting OBs on other teams have had four games to get beat up. For an older QB that might be a plus.

Don't worry he just paved the way for his replacement to take over next season.

This is going to the supreme Court

And everyone who has a job should be pulling for Tom. Companies write people up routinely because they don't fall in line. A person has a right not to be accused written up and disciplined on the whim of some dip dump management hack.

Originally Posted By: silverrat

GHT confirmed

He's got you all played well, you think of him all the time.

Actually, no: Brady was born and raised in San Mateo, California, and went to college in Michigan. (He was also drafted as a catcher by the Montreal Expos.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back