Cowboys fans should be happy tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the NFL draft tonight the Cowboys selected a running back from Ohio State by the name of Ezekiel Elliott AKA Eze E.

I have a good friend who scouts the NFC East and when the Cowboys drafted him he sent this text to me "The Cowboys just drafted a RB that will remind their fans of another RB that used to play for the Cowboys. They may have heard of him.....Emmett Smith. Similar size and running style who knows how to block as well as catch from the backfield."

If he's even half the back Emmett Smith was he will be a good back in the league.

Yea ok... I don't know why any team would waste a first round pick on a running back. They're a dime a dozen, and this guy is no Emmett Smith. Not even sure how he would work in the league if drafted today.

Yup RBs role in this era of football is not the same as it was in the 90s. Now the rage is all about qbs throwing the ball and the evolution of a slot receiver takes away from running plays. The era of smash mouth football and run the clock is long gone. He's not saying he's going to be the next Emmett Smith. He's saying that his running style is similar and he excels in the other aspects such as blocking and catching like Emmett did. Heck both their names start with E lol.

Dallas didn't need a RB, they need a QB...but I'm good with Blomo...he'll ensure another season without a post season appearance whether he's sitting on the bench due to injury or he's playing...

I really liked the Pats pick in the first. Oh wait....... :p

Yeah, Dallas will enjoy him. Should make for an interesting year

I'm a lifelong Cowboy fan, and am disappointed in this pick.

A couple of reasons:
a. Take Ramsey at 4, then Henry at 34... or a DL at 34. Next year's RB draft is stacked. The duo of Mcfadden and Morris is more than enough for this year...and perhaps next.

b. Zeke may be the next coming of LT, but he is also 1 hit away from being shelved. The lifespan of a RB is about 60% of what a Def stud would be.

c. Really nice fitting RBs can be found in round 3-4...

Originally Posted By: wemay
Big fan here. Love the pick.

Glad his Twitter account didn't get hacked.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Turbo_Lemming
Originally Posted By: wemay
Big fan here. Love the pick.

Glad his Twitter account didn't get hacked.
wink.gif

Yeah, but we (Cowboys) have had enough of those type issues in the past so i'm not gonna throw stones...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Dallas didn't need a RB, they need a QB...but I'm good with Blomo...he'll ensure another season without a post season appearance whether he's sitting on the bench due to injury or he's playing...

The reason why the Cowboys had the number 4 pick is because Blomo got hurt. If he doesn't get hurt you're looking at them picking in the late teens. So you can thank him for that too!

Originally Posted By: mjk
I'm a lifelong Cowboy fan, and am disappointed in this pick.

A couple of reasons:
a. Take Ramsey at 4, then Henry at 34... or a DL at 34. Next year's RB draft is stacked. The duo of Mcfadden and Morris is more than enough for this year...and perhaps next.

b. Zeke may be the next coming of LT, but he is also 1 hit away from being shelved. The lifespan of a RB is about 60% of what a Def stud would be.

c. Really nice fitting RBs can be found in round 3-4...

Both McFadden and Morris in my opinion are on the down side of their career. I'm thinking both will be the RBs this season while they slowly incorporate Eze E in for more load next year or year after that. Unless Eze shows something spectacular in practices then maybe they'll cut Morris.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
One more shot to Romo's shoulder and Dallas will need a lot more than the second coming of Emmitt Smith.

He needs to retire before he is completely broken.

They got rid of a good RB a year ago (Demarco Murray), Or at least he was good with the Cowboys, As someone already mentioned.....The league is a lot different than it was in the 90's.

If Romo can stay healthy....We MIGHT have a good season. I'm a Cowboys fan whether they win or lose!!

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
They got rid of a good RB a year ago (Demarco Murray), Or at least he was good with the Cowboys, As someone already mentioned.....The league is a lot different than it was in the 90's.

If Romo can stay healthy....We MIGHT have a good season. I'm a Cowboys fan whether they win or lose!!

Well they didn't get rid of him. More like they didn't want to pay him the money he wanted and Dallas just didn't have the salary cap room either. In the long run its a good thing they didn't pay Demarco Murray all that money.

I think Eze E is a great fit in Dallas especially with the O-Line they have there. Hes a different runner than the RBs they already have right now.

After watching a few games I think the Cowboys hit a home run with both Eze E and Dak Prescott. If the Cowboys give Tony Romo his job back the fans should boycott Cowboys games!

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I'm sorry to say that Elliot soon will be tormenting NFC East opponents. Go Eagles.

The Eagles are the team to beat in the NFC East...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back