Milestar Tires - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
If said person is rolling around on completely bald tires, then these may be an improvement.

Check out discounttiredirect or treaddepot - you can get cheap Cooper or Starfire (cooper brand) for a pretty cheap price.

The 2012 Starfires I has on my Focus were OK until last year... In the rain on worn pavement a firm shift to 4th had them lighting up on my Focus... 136hp at 60mph shouldn't result in wheelspin unless you are on snow or ice!

I'll skimp by in other places, but tires are not one of them. Just bought a set of michelin premier a/s stacking rebates and price matching saving $40 per tire. fwiw

Milestar Tires - any good?

Grumpy_Cat_No_02.jpg

The local Honda dealer here offers Milestars as a "budget" upsell tire if a tech notes that a customer needs new tires.

Originally Posted By: gallydif
Why the Milestar hating? Good buget tire IMO

better than liandong? yes.

Good? NO.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Describe, in detail, YOUR complaints with the Milestar tires YOU used. Be specific.

Why would accent2012 have complaints?

I bought a set for a Ford windstar. THe tires cost $200 which is cheap but only last about 9,500 miles. I could have paid $450 and got tires that have been lasting 30,000.

I know the next post will probably be someone saying you need to have your alignment checked. You can buy the Milestar I will buy something else. They ride and handle ok but are real soft.

If ANY tire other than an R-compound autocross tire only lasted 9500 miles, you have a vehicle problem or you have a driver problem.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
If ANY tire other than an R-compound autocross tire only lasted 9500 miles, you have a vehicle problem or you have a driver problem.

As someone who had a vehicle on that platform, getting 9500 miles out of a set of tires is actually pretty good.

Originally Posted By: sweezy722
I bought a set for a Ford windstar. THe tires cost $200 which is cheap but only last about 9,500 miles. I could have paid $450 and got tires that have been lasting 30,000.

I know the next post will probably be someone saying you need to have your alignment checked. You can buy the Milestar I will buy something else. They ride and handle ok but are real soft.

BMWs rear ends have heavy(for OE spec) camber, my tires wouldn't last any of those warranty claims, even if I rotated them often. Some cars just don't benefit from the best tires. The previous Contis had 20k on them and were shot. I saved ALOT going with Milestars. Even if they last half of the miles(of my Contis), I'm still only spending ~$300 a year compared to $800 every 2.

UPDATE!!!

My car has had minor vibrations since I brought it. I took it in and traced it down to a worn front axle. My mechanic threw the wheels back on the balance machine and guess what? The tires ARE NOT ROUND!!

They have a high spot(runout?), it's not a blown cord, it's just low quality manufacturing.

So while these tires do handle fine for a budget tire...don't expect them to be good lol. Spend the extra money on a decent set of Generals or Coopers. I retract my earlier statements...

I've had excellent results with this brand on my Genesis. Smooth and quiet. I've also had good luck with Doral and Sumic tires on my Miata (Doral) and on my Firebird (Sumic). Those two are made by the same manufacturer so I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back