Vibra-TITE for Firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the product reviews, I thought this one was pretty funny.
grin2.gif

Quote:
Get rid of your blue Loctite, and get this!
By Preacher on January 19, 2016

Quote:
"Sell or throw away your blue Loctite, and buy this. Seriously. I used to be a blue Loctite fanboy, but no more. This stuff smells better (not that important but it's the most pleasant smell in the shop besides me), has a better applicator (a brush is included, which is much better than squeezing out too much Loctite), and holds much, much, much better. A test? I have a Burris Fastfire 3 RMR on my XDM 5.25 pistol. When I first mounted it, I used blue Loctite on the screws. It seemed to be on there fine, but after going to the range and shooting about 120 rounds, it came loose - both the mount plate and the RMR itself. Not good. At all. I cleaned off the threads and applied Vibra-TITE - it hasn't come loose once since. I've shot at least 300 rounds since, and it's just as solid as when I first applied it."

Amazon Product Reviews

Thanks, I already have a small tube/lifetime supply of the blue loctite but if I misplace it, I'll buy some Vibra-TITE!

I use blue Loc-Tite on every scope mount, flashlight mount, or other accessory I bolt to guns and have never had one come lose. Just today I removed a flashlight that was mounted with blue Loc-Tite and it was TIGHT. Never had anything come lose before.

Always use an appropriate thread locker on anything that is bolted to a gun if you want it to stay bolted to the gun and not fly off. Ask me how I know...

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Tried it many years ago, like 15 or so.
Not a fan, it's like fingernail polish.

Like fingernail polish that never hardens, and damps resonance.

I've used it a few times on gear sector light mounts only because they come with it. I was unaware that it had as much holding power as blue loctite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back