Is Ford Ecoboost used outside the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
And here I am just wanting a Falcon. Might have to put my job in jeopardy and get a Chevy SS/Commodore.

Those are cool with their LS3s and TR6060 'box, and you lose the heat-soaking huffer, and the AFM/DOD garbage of the current CTS-V's LT4, a WIN WIN!
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif
cool.gif

I saw the dealer across the street has a silver SS in stock on their used lot. I really would rather have one in Slipstream Blue with a manual, but it looked pretty. It is literally the best car made with the worst name possible.

Originally Posted By: hpb
clarifying that Toranas and Commodores weren't Oz platforms. Back to my cupboard now!
smile.gif

The original Torana was a rebadged HB Vauxhall Viva, pretty rare here....like, why would you?...?

I came up behind a turbo Faclon Ute on my favorite ''stuck in 3rd gear'' road on the weekend, he pulled over for me. If he had decided to play I wouldn't have been able to get near him.

Haven't seen any Ecoboost engines here, but I guess they would be in the Focus. All on dealer servicing so we won't see them until they get older. The company we used to service Fords for has changed lease companies.

Originally Posted By: Silk
I came up behind a turbo Faclon Ute on my favorite ''stuck in 3rd gear'' road on the weekend, he pulled over for me. If he had decided to play I wouldn't have been able to get near him.

What were you in, or riding on??

My '87 BMW R65, old and slow, but it's set up for these roads and can maintain a good no fuss pace. My Volvo T5 will clean up my bike, a Falcon Turbo would seriously embarass it. But it's about enjoyment, not how fast I can go. Pic now in the GS thread in the motorcycle section.

Theirs uses a MAF based engine management sysyem, The U.S version uses MAP . Who knows why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back