'14 Focus ST Castrol 0w-40 7700 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
New UOA from my modified 2014 Focus ST. Looking to go 10k on a change at this point. I sampled with a pump, so this oil is still in the engine. Does any more educated BITOG people see any reason not to go to 10k or any other issues? Running a Fram Ultra. Any reason an Ultra can't go 20k on a new engine such as this one?

Oilanalysis_zpsskmdkwkj.jpg

Those numbers look very similar to ones my tuned MS3 posted(running M1 5W-30). I wouldn't hesitate to run that oil 10,000 miles.
Nice car, BTW!

Didn't realize Ford Required a 40w oil for this car? Or are you using it just to be on the safe side? Were you having Oil Consumption Issues?

Just curious...

Jeff

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Didn't realize Ford Required a 40w oil for this car? Or are you using it just to be on the safe side? Were you having Oil Consumption Issues?

Just curious...

Jeff

Ford says 5w-30, but I was out of grade to a 20wt within 5k. With my tune, Florida heat, running E30, turbo, etc. I decided to go with a heavier oil. This Castrol has stayed in grade and resisted dropping out of grade for longer OCI than the Penz Platinum I used earlier. No consumption issues over the 5k I was using the recommended grade. After 7700 miles I may have burned less that 1/2 quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back