BITOG Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has finally dawned on me that BITOG members are not the same. For your consideration, here are the categories they fall into:

1. Extenders - "If I use the right mix of Amsoil and Lucas, I think I can move this OCI from 25k to 30k"
2. Maintainers - "I split the factory OCI reco in half, cause I want my 93 Camry to last."
3. Pragmatists - "oil is oil, you'll do fine with the cheapest in spec dino oil, and if you want to go crazy, you can buy Supertech Syn."
4. Mobil 1ers - "Whether you drive a Corvette, a Cummins or a McLaren, this product is your best, never fail, always appropriate choice."
5. Engineers/Scientists "Blah blah blah centistokes blah blah."
6. Crazies (one of many iterations of this) "My dad said to drop the pan at every oil change and to always go with 20W50, so that's the plan with my new Prius."
7. Thinnies "Thick oil can't flow into small places, so I am running 0 W 16 in my new Hellcat. If thick is good, thin must be better."
8. Ignorami "Never change your oil, just add a quart here and there."
9. Esotericists "Those few of us who have figured it out know that Brad Penn Racing oil really has the magic.
10. Marketers - "Amsoil is not sold by big oil and has the engineering worked out."

Homepath apologists? Reactionaries? Conspiracy theorists? Intramural debate squad? Know-it-alls? Shills? What about the trolls?
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
No surprise; I don't fit into any of your categories.
Ha! Wanna bet?
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

You forgot the mad scientist blenders and the thick oil committee. Other than that, I am staunchly in the cut the OCI in half group.

Last edited:
11) I got this oil for a nickel a quart at autozone and it's two grades off my spec but I'm gonna make it fit, or mix it with something its polar opposite because it'll mix into an 8w35.

12. All dealers are bad and out to get you.

13. Owners should have the option of ordering cars without airbags, ABS, collision avoidance systems, or any other safety features I deem unnecessary because I am such a good driver I don't need them.

Last edited:
14) My import is more american than your american car or at least that's what i told my UAW retiree uncle at Thanksgiving when he called my car "cute"

Originally Posted By: eljefino
11) I got this oil for a nickel a quart at autozone and it's two grades off my spec but I'm gonna make it fit, or mix it with something its polar opposite because it'll mix into an 8w35.

I'm gonna have to go with eljefino's #11 and also the #3 for myself.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
No surprise; I don't fit into any of your categories.
Merk, I'd say you're a mix of #2 & #6
crackmeup2.gif

The tone of postings started out very calm and dignified with Bob Winters leading the way. Then the tone turned a bit argumentative and from there it turned down right ugly. Soon things became more even tempered as the tormentors left and new members joined. Now it's time to see what the future will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back