Hockey fans and NHL playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NY ISLANDERS of mine are sill in the NHL playoffs. Better be better though and even if they advance they will play probably lose to the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS. Kinda shocking to see BLACKHAWKS go out to the BLUES too. Any NHL fans here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them go all the way. Last time they went far in the Conference Finals was 1996, when Steve Yzerman beat John Casey in 2OT. Hopefully this year is different

I'm glad the Penguins eliminated my Rangers. This way they won't be eliminated by the Islanders. I watched some of those Islander games. If the Rangers could learn to play the way the Islanders do, they would still be playing. I hope the Islanders go deep in the playoffs. I will be rooting for the Islanders. Also sorry to see the Blackhawks out.

I had my season tickets for one more season after that. Gave them up after the 96-97 season as I travelled too much for work to enjoy them.

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them go all the way. Last time they went far in the Conference Finals was 1996, when Steve Yzerman beat John Casey in 2OT. Hopefully this year is different

Yeah, I hope my NY ISLANDERS can break thru; but if they get the PENGUINS: watch out. No otherteam and in my eyes more powerful team than the PENGUINS. Rangers really stumbled "into the playoffs drunk" thinking they would get lucky. Lundqvist showed he sucks and is OLD

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Go Blues!

Game 7 is what hockey is all about. Especially 2nd period.

I'm disappointed in my Rangers this postseason. Not so much that they got eliminated by Pittsburgh (whom I dislike, but that's a different discussion), but that they showed so little effort in the series. They need to make some changes this offseason as it turns out Lundqvist cannot carry a team with no offense or defense anymore.

Originally Posted By: mcgophers
I'm disappointed in my Rangers this postseason. Not so much that they got eliminated by Pittsburgh (whom I dislike, but that's a different discussion), but that they showed so little effort in the series. They need to make some changes this offseason as it turns out Lundqvist cannot carry a team with no offense or defense anymore.

My kids, BOTH die-hard Rangers fans, would WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with the above!!
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: mcgophers
They need to make some changes this offseason as it turns out Lundqvist cannot carry a team with no offense or defense anymore.

Granted, he got stabbed in the eye with a hockey stick during the first period of game one, so you can't expect him to be perfect after that, but the Rangers looked more like the Colorado Avalanche than they did the NY Rangers through that whole series.

I grew up as a Rangers fan, so I can't publicly root for the Islanders, or else be beat senseless by my own family members (pretty much my oldest sister and her husband), and with the Avalanche being the Avalanche this year, so that means that my wife and I are rooting for the St Louis Blues this year, and anyone who plays against the Red Wings (already gone), the Wild (already gone) and the Predators (hopefully gone tonight).

If the Islanders were to get in the finals against anyone other than St Louis, I will root for them as a NYC Native, but I will feel sad in my heart if they actually do win.

BC.

The NY ISLANDERS of mine are sill in the NHL playoffs. Better be better though and even if they advance they will play probably lose to the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS. Kinda shocking to see BLACKHAWKS go out to the BLUES too. Any NHL fans here?

Stopped being a fan when I was 12 years old. However I live in Oshawa, where John Tavares played part of his Jr. Hockey with the Oshawa Generals. I'd like to see the Islanders win it all.

JC1: glad to hear the history and about John Tavares. Thank you for sharing good sir, I appreciate it
smile.gif

I'm a lightning fan, they performed better than expected the first series. Tonight they came out flat, seems like Bishop was the last to get they Flu. I picked Caps and Stars to the finals.

Yeah, I hope my NY ISLANDERS can break thru; but if they get the PENGUINS: watch out. No otherteam and in my eyes more powerful team than the PENGUINS. Rangers really stumbled "into the playoffs drunk" thinking they would get lucky. Lundqvist showed he sucks and is OLD
Lundqvist isn't the only Ranger who is old and sucks. A good house cleaning is in order.

Blues fan here. Went to games 1,2 and 7 against the Blackhawks. Most exciting games I've been to.

I'd like to see a Islanders/Dallas Stars as we already beat the Northstars in the Stanley Cup in the early 1980's

I am picking Penguins over San Jose Sharks. Sucks that Ben Bishop got hurt in 1st game in eastern conference finals
frown.gif

Lightning are better team than I thought, I didn't think they would be where they are with all the injuries they had this season. They continue to impress, I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
Lightning are better team than I thought, I didn't think they would be where they are with all the injuries they had this season. They continue to impress, I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all.

They've suffered a key loss in Bishop and Callahan will be suspended for a game or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back