Project super mulcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craigslist mower season is allmost over in portland oregon. I suspect less than a month to go.
I got a interesting freebie this year and thought i might make it into a 93 octane guzzilin beast
It is a6.75 hp toro personal pace with key start. NO bag. Budget. $15 or less i might have a
Head gasket already.
The task try to raise the compression a little. Raise the max speed
Ideas so far
#1 remove head and sand it down on glass to raise compression.
#2 while head is removed "mess" with the length of the intake valve to effectively bypass the compression release portion of the stroke. Not all of it just some (note saw this one on youtube and i have my doubts)
Lets say the piston traveled 3/4" in compression release mode i would make it so it would travel only 1/2 inch.
#3 mess with the governor speed to get a little more out of it. Not so much that it sounds like its about to grenade
But enough to kick it up and make it sound not stock.
#4 drill the holes in the exhaust ever so slightly larger make it a little louder if nothing else
#5 drill some extra breathing holes in air filter cover (if needed)
#6 if needed use a weld tip cleaner to ever so slightly enlarge
#7 sharpen blade
#8 oil franken brew conventional leftovers sae 30, 10w30, 10w40. Hey this is a oil forum
#9 enjoy
Note i would not mind a few extra pulls to get it started cold if i could get more hp
I understand the mods that i am thinking about may make it backfire and kill the electric starter

A sharp blade is same as adding more power. Faster yes the old trick was to "bend" the governor linkage or if you have a different spring that will do it too.

To raise compression wouldnt a thinner head gasket do it? look to the go-cart crowd for power mods on lawn engines.

When I was a kid we used to soup up riding mowers. one guy put on car tires and an office chair what a hoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back