Buying a fanless mini PC from Aliexpress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the five-year-long absence ever since my old workplace changed hands of ownership, and now working in a brake-and-muffler shop, I've been thinking. Since some of the computers run on Windows XP and their end-of-life support had come to an end, I was knocking around at those low-voltage, fanless mini PCs I found on Aliexpress with the Intel Core i3 5005u CPUs and a choice of RAM and SSD options available.

Since Windows 10 is now the OS of choice (and Linux) - I'm using one right now with the computer I rebuilt using an AMD A4-5300 APU on a Gigabyte F2A55M-HD2 motherboard inside an old Gateway case - and Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 were on their way out, I was thinking about them. If I use Windows 10 Pro with the fanless mini PC I'm interested to replace the old machines, how good and how reliable are they as hard-working workhorses in tire shops and quick-lube shops alike?

Last edited:
Heat is your biggest enemy. You get what you pay for. Myself, I would re-consider.

"Intel Core i3 5005u CPUs"
Not a real powerhouse
I have one in a secondary machine.
I prefer AMD even though that goes against the grain.

I built one a few years back that didn't have a fan on the motherboard. Intel Atom didn't need a fan, just a decent heat sink. Power supply had one, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back