Mobil Delvac MX 15w40 or Shell Helix Hx7 10W40 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
before you all helps me to decide whats better for my car..i want to brief you all about the condition on my environment..

car: 2014 Toyota Innova, it is MPV (multi purpose vehicle) or we can call Van..

Engine: 2KD-FTV 2500cc with odometer 26890 km and manual transmission..

Use: run about 300-500 km per week sometimes more than 500km/week, ambient temperature at morning 26C-28C, noon 33-35C and night 26-30C, very dusty road, it loads 300-500 kg, sulphur content in diesel fuel max 3500 ppm..
40% highway 60% stop and go...

between Mobil Delvac MX 15w40 and Shell Helix Hx7 10W40, which one do you think better?

I can't find any data sheet for the Shell Helix Hx7.

Given the high sulphur content in your diesel fuel, I would go with the one that has the higher TBN. I know the Delvac MX was formulated for high sulphur diesel. Don't know about the Helix Hx7.

Nope it's not low saps, the pdf says it is not suitable for vehicles requiring low saps oil
smile.gif

I have seen some voa (will look for it), TBN should be around 10. But I agree, not the best oil.

Maybe the pdf I put wasn't the last because last time I bought this oil it had MB 229.3 cert, will look for a more recent pdf.

thank you guys for the help..
in my place, these oils have the same price per Liter..

im still confuse about the SAE because one is 15w40 and 10w40 means in first start the 10w40 tends to flow faster than 15w40..

if i take 15w40 because it can last longer, how long i warm up till the oil covering up all engine compartment?

is it still okay if i change every 10000 km?

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Nope it's not low saps, the pdf says it is not suitable for vehicles requiring low saps oil
smile.gif

I have seen some voa (will look for it), TBN should be around 10. But I agree, not the best oil.

Maybe the pdf I put wasn't the last because last time I bought this oil it had MB 229.3 cert, will look for a more recent pdf.

thx for your help for finding whats better..

in my case what should i choose so i can use it till 10000 km?

Here is a more recent HX7 pdf HX7 PDF
still in French, sorry. Looks like it has some GTL base, -45° pour point !

As you can see in my sig, I have an old indirect injected/prechamber/mechanical pump diesel. Used to run it with HX7 10W40, now with Shell Rimula R6M (sort of european version of Rotella I think). OCI with Rimula are ~7500Km because of fuel dilution and soot loading, with HX7 it often was around the 5000Km mark... Rimula is better to my ears than HX7
smile.gif

Never did some UOA, so can only speak for my own experience with my car ane ears though.

Can't speak about Mobil Delvac, sorry.

I really can't tell about your OCI length, since we have low suphur diesel here. Either you change the oil early, or you do some UOA to have a bit of background.

Here is a more recent HX7 pdf HX7 PDF
still in French, sorry. Looks like it has some GTL base, -45° pour point !

As you can see in my sig, I have an old indirect injected/prechamber/mechanical pump diesel. Used to run it with HX7 10W40, now with Shell Rimula R6M (sort of european version of Rotella I think). OCI with Rimula are ~7500Km because of fuel dilution and soot loading, with HX7 it often was around the 5000Km mark... Rimula is better to my ears than HX7
smile.gif

Never did some UOA, so can only speak for my own experience with my car ane ears though.

Can't speak about Mobil Delvac, sorry.

I really can't tell about your OCI length, since we have low suphur diesel here. Either you change the oil early, or you do some UOA to have a bit of background.

sometimes i worry because HX7 is PCMO it means it can use in gas engine and we know that gas engine not quite have much addtive.

Shell Rimula R6 is 10W40 HDEO and in my place we do not have many choice for 10w40 HDEO. maybe only 1 and very difficult to find is Q8 T800 10w40, it is also HDEO and the price not quite good for work-horse car..

smile.gif

Oops. You're right. I can't read French as well as I thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back