2015 Chrysler T&C TPMS system and valve stems

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you familiar with the Chrysler T&C, how does the TPMS sensor work on these if it is the basic version? My T&C is supposed to have TPMS (basic, not the fancy upgraded version) but all my valve stems are black like normal ones. Does the T&C use a differential TPMS instead of units installed within the wheels?

If it's anything like our 2013 Grand Caravan SE, the sensors are on the inside of the wheel portion of the stems. Ours just lights up an dash icon. Nothing fancy.

Originally Posted By: JTK
If it's anything like our 2013 Grand Caravan SE, the sensors are on the inside of the wheel portion of the stems. Ours just lights up an dash icon. Nothing fancy.

Do your sensors alert you of a flat tire if it goes flat while the car is off?

Originally Posted By: badtlc

I'm not sure of that. I would assume the basic system needs some wheel revolutions for the individual sensors to liven-up and "sense" anything.

They are fairly sensitive on our 2013. Mine have gone off if I had a tire 3-4 PSIG less than the door label recommendations.

I'm not sure of that. I would assume the basic system needs some wheel revolutions for the individual sensors to liven-up and "sense" anything.

They are fairly sensitive on our 2013. Mine have gone off if I had a tire 3-4 PSIG less than the door label recommendations.

Yeah, the manual says they go into sleep mode when they are parked and don't wake up until above like 25 mph.

I had a flat tire on the van over the weekend that went flat over night. When I started up the van the TPMS light didn't go on and I ended up backing up about 12' before I noticed the problem. I was rather perturbed to have done that on a flat tire.

I then realized all my valve stems were black and not silver like I am used to seeing for TPMS systems. So I got a bit worried that someone might have previously removed the TPMS sensors and the system was not working.

Oh man.. A bummer for sure. Hopefully that tire was salvageable.

The patches seem to be holding fine and sidewalls looked ok when I aired it up to look for the leaks and inspect.

I probably need to replace the tires anyway. The kumhos on it seem like they are less robust than a typical name brand tire for some reason.

My mom's 2012 Jeep Patriot has TPMS, and when it had a real low tire the light was lit up on the dash. I filled it up with the compressor and moved the car and the light went out almost immediately.

Oh man.. A bummer for sure. Hopefully that tire was salvageable.

The patches seem to be holding fine and sidewalls looked ok when I aired it up to look for the leaks and inspect.

I probably need to replace the tires anyway. The kumhos on it seem like they are less robust than a typical name brand tire for some reason.

Ours has the 225/65-17s on it and came with Yokohama Avids. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with our particular usage, but they were shot in ~20K miles. I bought a set of basically new take-offs from a RAV-4 off CL that are Yoko Geolanders. Those lasted even less!

Constant around town driving with 5-7 people in it, is really rough on tires on minivans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back