Turtle Wax Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening,

I grew up using Turtle Wax products in the 70's and 80's, but drifted away from using them for the last 20 years, not certain why, but I just did.

Is Turtle Wax popular on board?

Any thoughts on their products?

RevRider

Not the best but not the worst either. I would use it on all my present vehicles. Would go w a better product on a brand new luxury, sports, show or expensive vehicle

Turtle wax went down the drain since then. They have recently come back up with a new line called turtle wax ice. If you buy turtle wax, make sure it says ice.

The Turtle Wax Ice line of products is absolutely astounding! The spray wax is my favorite. It's clearly the longest lasting spray wax on the market from my experiences. Most spray waxes don't last any more than a month but Ice spray wax will last 3-4. I rarely even paste wax my vehicles any more. I just use Ice wash/wax formula & then I use Ice spray wax at every other wash. My vehicles bead water with no issue.

I have alot from them lately.

A few years ago I used a whole bottle up of the Platinum liquid was. I have gotten several bottles of their spray wax. I have some old Carnauba blend liquid wax. I got two liters of the rinseless wash when I saw it at the market (not waterless, as it requires a gallon or so of water). I also have tried the headlight renewal- this product is the only one that has failed me. It smoothed out the lenses but didn't make them clear.

I had the multi-step black car wax. I didn't like it, but it did well enough I guess.

I have the polishing compound. I have had the chrome polish so long the print is gone. The only ICE product I have is a can of paste wax from a few years ago.

The Zip car wash soap looks interesting and I may try it some day and I also wouldn't mind a can of the Super Hard Shell wax.

Turtle wax is my go to for paint. Armor All is my go to for details like tires, trim, and door jams and plastic rejuvanation. I recently decided to try zymol from Wal-Mart. I still love Turtle Wax, but I try other products that seem good and hopefully work well.

Originally Posted By: Branson304
The Turtle Wax Ice line of products is absolutely astounding! The spray wax is my favorite. It's clearly the longest lasting spray wax on the market from my experiences. Most spray waxes don't last any more than a month but Ice spray wax will last 3-4. I rarely even paste wax my vehicles any more. I just use Ice wash/wax formula & then I use Ice spray wax at every other wash. My vehicles bead water with no issue.

Turtle wax ice spray wax is my favorite as well but doesn't last me 3-4 months. Do you garage your car or something? My car is outside 24/7 and it maybe lasts 2 weeks.

It's clearly the longest lasting spray wax on the market from my experiences.

Had I tested only various mediocre spray waxes I would agree, unfortunately its no wear near the longest lasting or best looking. Great for those that looking for OTC results but FAR from the longest lasting.

My only experience is with their rinseless wash, which was every bit as good as any other (but half as concentrated as most). I think they discontinued it.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie
It's clearly the longest lasting spray wax on the market from my experiences.

Had I tested only various mediocre spray waxes I would agree, unfortunately its no wear near the longest lasting or best looking. Great for those that looking for OTC results but FAR from the longest lasting.

What would you consider the longest lasting? I'd prefer to use that occasionally after washes to maintain my shine. Longer lasting would be a plus, it's less work.
wink.gif
I just used the Lucas spray wax, and I'm running low. Thanks!

Their products have kinda gone downhill. There are still some decent products like their ice line and zipwax is still a good wash soap. I use their wax as you dry product and it seems to do a nice job as well. As mentioned before, there are much better brands out there even at the OTC level.

I think their car wash solution is the best in in the business as is their chrome polish...the rest of their stuff is just okay...

I use Turtle Wax. I had used it back when I was younger and then tried some other products on various cars I owned. Generally I liked the feel of the Turtle Wax better on my vehicles. So when I got my F150 used recently I got some Turtle Wax to put on it. I still like how it feels after it has dried and I buff it off. Maybe they have changed it but I like using it. I may try the ICE product line and see how it feels to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back