'96 Roadmaster LT1 Castrol GTX 10w-30 13 mo 970 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is the first UOA for this car. It's a 1996 Buick Roadmaster LT1. High lead.

Mileage when oil was put in: 58,500
Oil type/grade: Castrol GTX 10w-30 Dino
Oil filter: Fram orange can
length of time: 13 months
mileage on oil: 970 miles

New oil put in at 59,470. Put in 4 quarts of PUP 10w-30 and 1 quart of Mobil EP 5w-30. Also switched to a NAPA Silver filter.

Last edited:
Would you like to sell the car? I could use another and a trip to Miami to pick up a good car that is maintained like yours would be great.

Let me know if you are looking to sell her. Thanks

BTW I think you changed out that oil way too soon due to lack of driving. Again, I will be happy to add up some miles on the machine

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Would you like to sell the car? I could use another and a trip to Miami to pick up a good car that is maintained like yours would be great.

Let me know if you are looking to sell her. Thanks

BTW I think you changed out that oil way too soon due to lack of driving. Again, I will be happy to add up some miles on the machine

She has some sentimental value to her and I'm not actively looking to sell her, but at the end of the day everything has a price tag in my opinion. Below is a recent picture.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
The report looks fine. No need to change that oil ...

Yeah, that's what I see. Wasn't sure what to expect on the first UOA. I like to change the oil once a year but looks like that is over doing it.

Darren_L: I like your car line up. You have both bbody and panther platforms in there. Best of both worlds. What sticks out to me in your line up though is the Corolla. Only foreign car. What's the story behind that one?

Guys, how do I make the picture of the UOA report bigger and easier to read? What I do once I receive the report in pdf format is take a screenshot of it on my phone, then email it to me so I can open it up on the computer thru paint. Once I have it opened in paint, I erase all the personal information and then upload it to photobucket. Once on photobucket, I copy and paste it onto here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gallydif
Guys, how do I make the picture of the UOA report bigger and easier to read? What I do once I receive the report in pdf format is take a screenshot of it on my phone, then email it to me so I can open it up on the computer thru paint. Once I have it opened in paint, I erase all the personal information and then upload it to photobucket. Once on photobucket, I copy and paste it onto here.

The phone has a small screen, so likely taking a screenshot on the phone will result in bad resolution.

If you do the same on a PC it should be ok.

toneydoc said:
Darren_L: I like your car line up. You have both bbody and panther platforms in there. Best of both worlds. What sticks out to me in your line up though is the Corolla. Only foreign car. What's the story behind that one?

gally.........Bought the Corolla used several years ago. I was looking for an affordable, reliable and economical vehicle. It's been a very good car. The 04 Silverado and Impala SS were my Dad's vehicles until he passed away 3 years ago. The Chevelle was the second car I've owned and have had it for 32 years.

Type it in instead of doing all those bizarre steps.
Heres a box you can quote and fill with your info. Keep the (code) parts to mantain the format.
Code:

Aluminium 0

Chromium 0

Iron 0

Copper 0

Lead 0

Tin 0

Molybdenum 0

Nickel 0

Maganese 0

Silver 0

Titanium 0

Potassium 0

Boron 0

Silicon 0

Calcium 0

Magnesium 0

Phosphorus 0

Zinc 0

Barium 0

SUS Visc@210F 0.0

cSt Visc@100C 0.0

Flash 000F

Fuel 0.0%

Antifreeze 0

Water 0

Insolubles 0.0

Originally Posted By: Darren_L
toneydoc said:

gally.........Bought the Corolla used several years ago. I was looking for an affordable, reliable and economical vehicle. It's been a very good car. The 04 Silverado and Impala SS were my Dad's vehicles until he passed away 3 years ago. The Chevelle was the second car I've owned and have had it for 32 years.

May I dare to say you have an excellent taste for cars !!! Bigger block engines are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back