2006 Pontiac Vibe odd electrical problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

So I have my parents 2006 Pontiac Vibe and It randomly wouldn't last Wednesday. I had my friend jump me and it fired right up. On the way home the airbag light came on. Again when I got home I turned off the car and it wouldn't restart. Keep in mind up until now no lights on the dash have lit up except the airbag light. I replaced the alternator and put a new battery in the car. Now the battery light glows but ever so faintly. I've had the alternator tested but it tested good at my job and at autozone. The tachometer also occasionally shows 1100-1500 rpm idle but it's not idling that fast. Anybody heard or seen this before? All help is appreciated.

The first thing I would check would be that the ground wires to the frame and the engine had good connections. I would remove the grounds and clean the metal and ground terminal(s) with some sandpaper.

If you have a no start, check for fuel pressure and spark.

But the Vibes are mechanical twins to the Matrix, and a lot of the Matrix vehicles from that era had bad ECMs. You may want to do some testing around the ECM.

That's the thing it starts and runs fine.The tachometer occasionally shows high idle speed even though it sounds fine. The oddest issue is the barely glowing battery light. I will say it does idle rough sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back