Homelite curved gas edger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got one at home Depot for 65 bucks. Needed a cheapo edger for small property, and won't use it too often. The reviews are mediocre. Any maintenance tips or experience? Thanks.

I had one a few years back that gave up the ghost after owning it for 7 years. But I used it to maintain 1 acre of land.
I used 50:1 premix - briggs and stratton brand and 93 octane.
-YMMV

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
More gas, you mean?

More oil he meant 32:1, 32 parts gas to 1 part oil. Usually its 40:1 or 50:1

X2 on what Panzerman said. You might need a tweak on the carb screws at 32:1. The pacman adjusting tool is on Amazon. Some will say different, but I would stay away from TCW3 oils.

Last edited:
Good buy. Just crank it every week or so. Even in the winter.

Use decent quality gas and oil.

I still have a Homelite edger that I bought new in 1983 and it still works every year. 33 years and still going. I no longer measure my oil. Just kinda eye ball it if you know what I mean. It has never failed to start. Other parts are starting to get old and need attention and I doubt I can get replacement parts. But I will look.

And yes I do crank it in the winter and let it run a little while. Just like the Energizer bunny.

40:1 would be fine. Alot of manufactures run as little oil as possible to still achieve durability and less pollution. I've found my two strokes last longer on a richer( more oil). I don't mind the smoke and if you run them hard they will stay cleaned out. I never had a issue.

They're a decent cheap OPE for the price point. I know I researched them a bit a some months back when I was eye-balling some marked down, returned Homelite OPE at my local Home Depot.

Homlite these days is owned by Techtronic Industries based out of Hong Kong.

Originally Posted By: JTK
They're a decent cheap OPE for the price point. I know I researched them a bit a some months back when I was eye-balling some marked down, returned Homelite OPE at my local Home Depot.

Homlite these days is owned by Techtronic Industries based out of Hong Kong.

I used to love Homelite, but based on my experience with a recent Homelite chainsaw, I wouldn't even call them "decent cheap for a price point."

I hope the OP's experience is better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back