Which handguns are made in the continental USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
My next handgun purchase will not be an asset to Austria's economy. So if I aim to help USA workers, which major-makes / models are built here in the USA?

I really don't mind if the parent company has offices overseas. I am interested in where the factories are. I made a mistake with my last, recent Taurus purchase. The motherboard and the repair facilities are near Miami Florida. But my gun's factory was actually in Brazil.
So that's a purchase I regret.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of buying 'used' guns, but:

Go to a Cabela's, the one near me has some very nice 'used' guns for sale.
You could purchase a very nice Smith & Wesson revolver or Colt Semi-auto.

Don't limit yourself to just 'new'.
Like Cats and Dogs, adopt a used one.

Today, I'd rather buy a well cared for 'used' handgun.
Like a lot of things today, they made them better back then.

What are you wanting? Plenty of USA guns to choose from.

I also regretted a Taurus purchase I made about 20 years ago. Junk.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
My next handgun purchase will not be an asset to Austria's economy. So if I aim to help USA workers, which major-makes / models are built here in the USA?

I really don't mind if the parent company has offices overseas. I am interested in where the factories are. I made a mistake with my last, recent Taurus purchase. The motherboard and the repair facilities are near Miami Florida. But my gun's factory was actually in Brazil.

This whole "Made In America" slogan has become a bit of a fallacy. We now exist in a global economy, no matter if we like it or not. Glock is an Austrian company. With that said they are manufactured here, in a Georgia plant that employs Americans.

By the same token Japanese Honda automobiles are manufactured in Marysville, Ohio, While your "American" Ford is assembled in Mexico. Sig Sauer handguns are now manufactured in New Hampshire, and Beretta's are made in Accokeek, Maryland. Many, but not all, of Springfield Armory's pistols are made in Brazil by Imbel. So based on all of the above, it's become all but impossible to entertain pure, "American production" any longer. Buy what you like. Chances are there were several Americans employed to make it happen. One way or another.

Originally Posted By: hatt

My Taurus has never even hiccuped and I can't say that about my American-made. The Taurus is my most dependable / most trusted.

But I still want to buy American next. This is not a discussion on what's good or what's bad. It's not a discussion on buying new or used either.

I'll ask again...... what's American-made and thank you for the responses.

You can buy a made in Georgia Glock.

My Taurus has never even hiccuped and I can't say that about my American-made. The Taurus is my most dependable / most trusted.

But I still want to buy American next. This is not a discussion on what's good or what's bad. It's not a discussion on buying new or used either.

Glock, Ruger, S&W

I like Dan Wesson, S&W, Ruger, and Remington's 1911 is good looking.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bradepb
You can buy a made in Georgia Glock.

Glock, Ruger, S&W
FN, Beretta, Sig, on and on. The better question is which guns aren't made in the US.

You need to be more specific. US made guns go all the way from tiny North American arms .22 to Barret .50 BMGs. I'm honestly not understanding why you're having a hard time finding a USA gun.

FYI, You can buy USA made Glocks.

Also, Ithaca. Headquarters is in Upper Sandusky, OH. They make high end 1911 pistols, among other things. All of the raw materials that go into the pistols are sourced from America and they are proud of that.

Originally Posted By: billt460

This whole "Made In America" slogan has become a bit of a fallacy. We now exist in a global economy, no matter if we like it or not. Glock is an Austrian company. With that said they are manufactured here, in a Georgia plant that employs Americans.

By the same token Japanese Honda automobiles are manufactured in Marysville, Ohio, While your "American" Ford is assembled in Mexico. Sig Sauer handguns are now manufactured in New Hampshire, and Beretta's are made in Accokeek, Maryland. Many, but not all, of Springfield Armory's pistols are made in Brazil by Imbel. So based on all of the above, it's become all but impossible to entertain pure, "American production" any longer. Buy what you like. Chances are there were several Americans employed to make it happen. One way or another.

^^This. Buillt is 100% correct.

Well..."handgun" is a pretty broad category...what kind of handgun? Revolver? Auto? What caliber? What capacity?

Just bought a Ruger this morning. Made in America by an American company, but I'm not certain if a single action .22 revolver is what you're looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back