Shell Helix HX7 10w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

As subject,

I would like to ask for those who uses this oil in diesel engine..

My point is i know this oil is PCMO since according to data sheet, it has API SN/CF, meet MB 229,3 , ACEA A3/B4..

Is this oil still good for heavy use, i mean actually i run 100 km/day and sometimes it carries 300-500kg of selling things (im salesman)..

I want to know about TBN, sulphated ash and zddp content in this oil..

Thx in advance

Originally Posted By: chrisri
TBN over 10.
Ash between 1.0-1.6%.
Good oil for 15k km with ULSF. Otherwise 7k IMO.

where you get that data? ive seen the PDS, nothing tells me about TBN and others..

I had mitigated results in my diesel. No UOA, so I can only speak about engine noise during the OCI which is hardly worth something, but the actual Rimula seems to stay in grade longer.

you're in Indonesia, as 3rd world as can be like Malaysia, 10K km would be the max before the oil thickens.
I have done UOAs and seen this happen many times in this region.
Low quality fuels ...

Last edited:
i would get what Toyota supply ,given you are fairly close to them it will be innexpensive ( and Toyota can be pretty anal about things .so odds are the quality will be way way up there. it isnt by luck that even top gear team cant break a Toyota .every japanese car usually are very well made

Originally Posted By: alcyon
you're in Indonesia, as 3rd world as can be like Malaysia, 10K km would be the max before the oil thickens.
I have done UOAs and seen this happen many times in this region.
Low quality fuels ...

can you share the UOA you did? i need to know...
actually how much sulphur content in diesel fuel in Malaysia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back