Reccomend me tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
I already saw Nankang but just though if there were any better ones out there

"Better than Nankang" isn't a high bar.
wink.gif

When I check for your size on the US websites, I don't see many options. The only ones I'd be tempted to even consider are from Kumho, Toyo, and Cooper -- brands I normally wouldn't go near, but I'd definitely pick them over the no-name alternatives. Your options in Spain might be different.

Yokohama sounds more appealing as i have Yokohama S306s right now and they are very good, they've been on the car for 15 years and they are showing no cracks and they still have plenty of tread, but i do notice that they have gotten hard , When it's raining i have to be very careful as these cars are very tail happy and will slide the back end very easily in the wet.
Last year it was raining heavily one day and there was a lot of traffic and while i was waiting to get into a roundabout i had to pretty much floor it and a cop was close behind me and stopped me because he though i did it in purpose haha

Consider moving to a 14 inch wheels. Much better choice in tyres. Nice period correct wheels and some nice tyres should transform car's handling.

I've had good luck with Yokahama's in the past, but best luck with Kenda. Used them on motorcycles for years. Now have them on two cars
smile.gif

The two on the front of the project car required ZERO wheel weight. First time that ever happened to me in 50 years. Read the instructions before mounting. Yellow dot to the valve stem location
smile.gif

I will need new rubber soon for my Capri, they are 185/70 HR13 tyres, originally had Pirelli CN36'S.
Any reccomendations on what tyres to get? ( Brand etc..)

Why not go to 195/65 if available? I put a set of Yokohama tires,
Avids, on my 08 Camry, low slip angle and good wet traction.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I will need new rubber soon for my Capri, they are 185/70 HR13 tyres, originally had Pirelli CN36'S.
Any reccomendations on what tyres to get? ( Brand etc..)

Why not go to 195/65 if available? I put a set of Yokohama tires,
Avids, on my 08 Camry, low slip angle and good wet traction.

They're not homologated for my car so i can't use them

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Consider moving to a 14 inch wheels. Much better choice in tyres. Nice period correct wheels and some nice tyres should transform car's handling.

I want to keep the car original and the standard wheels on it look very good

Originally Posted By: chrisri

I want to keep the car original and the standard wheels on it look very good

Fair enough, I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back