VOA Motul 8100 X-CESS 5W40

VOA for Motul 8100 X-CESS 5W40

Manufacturer data sheet
https://www.motul.com/system/product_descriptions/technical_data_sheets/2698/original/8100_X-cess_5W-40_%28GB%29.pdf?1375200241

Originally Posted By: FlyPenFly
Where's all the moly?

This oil is not advertised as a fuel savings or "Friction Modified" oil but probably has enough ester content to provide some friction reduction.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: FlyPenFly
Where's all the moly?

This oil is not advertised as a fuel savings or "Friction Modified" oil but probably has enough ester content to provide some friction reduction.

I thought the 8100 was a III+ with some IV?

It's a different oil. I was completely unaware of the CRDi Specific until you mentioned it. It obviously part of their Euro diesel oil line since it only carries the API SN and ACEA A3/B4 rating while not carrying any of the US diesel oil approvals (CI, CJ, ect).

Latest VOA. No notable changes.

0a86d680323b5affa76b018b4af9da78.jpg

thanks, I wouldn't go out of the way for either of these, better than the Valoline but still run of the mill and none TDGI friendly.

We're a Motul dealer and 8100 X-cess is the bulk oil we use for the majority of our customers vehicles. It carries the same (currently more) approvals than Mobil1s high oils, plus it's cheaper. Since I originally watched how well 8100 x-cess withstood 16k-20k drain intervals, I was sold.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GermanAutohaus
We're a Motul dealer and 8100 X-cess is the bulk oil we use for the majority of our customers vehicles. It carries the same (currently more) approvals than Mobil1s high oils, plus it's cheaper. Since I originally watched how well 8100 x-cess withstood 16k-20k drain intervals, I was sold.

Impressive! A big thanks to GermanAutohaus

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by Rixter
Interesting, they added more moly in this iteration

Where?

Zero to 1 part per million.

I think he looked at the wrong column.

Back