Mazda Type 5 ATF Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Time out, lots of bad info in this thread. The B-series trucks never specified Mazda M5 fluid, they specified Mercon and then Mercon V. The only Ford that used the Mazda M5 fluid was the Fusion with the FNR5 transmission.

Sorry I thought the first question was about Mazda M5 fluid. Don't know where the B-series trucks came from.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Sorry to be late to this party but Mazda Type 5 is a specific fluid. It is not Mercon V and it isn't Mercon.

Castrol Import MV ATF is the easiest to find ATF that carries the Mazda Type 5 listing. Mobil 1 does not meet the specs last I checked. Sorry.

Sorry to be late to this party but Mazda Type 5 is a specific fluid. It is not Mercon V and it isn't Mercon.

Castrol Import MV ATF is the easiest to find ATF that carries the Mazda Type 5 listing. Mobil 1 does not meet the specs last I checked. Sorry.

Maxlife
smile.gif

I just got off the phone with Mobil 1 and I spoke to one of their engineers who cross referenced my truck in mention (B2500) and said that it is now Mercon V.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1

M1 ATF did meet the spec, along with many others, but dropped the multi spec thing about three years ago. I was using M1 in my Fusion trans that spec'd FNR-5, so I called Mobil tech and they told me it was the same fluid after the spec change. To this date my trans performs very well with the M1 ATF.

It is impossible for M1 to meet all the specs they list. They call it suitable for use. It does not meet the Type 5 Spec.

Or any other ATF for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back