Apple does not make reliable quality products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
They have been OK in our house, not good, not bad, but I'm amazed how slow some things run given that it is a closed architecture. Also how difficult they make archiving and sharing photos...
Also I'm not a fan of their planned obsolescence, its just a money grab as a huge corporation with only 3-4 products could support them for a little longer...
Personally, I would never buy another apple product again, but my wife likes them and that's what they give us at work, so I'll live with it.

Not really sure what youre talking about. Yes, I still run my original mac mini, and it is capped at what OS you can upgrade to, but that's because they changed from a more closed PPC architecture, to leverage the commonality benefits of the intel architecture. Id not call that planned obsolescence, per se... And the computer still runs fine from what, 2004?

My 2008 MBP is running the latest apple OS AND windows 7. Runs fine, in fact, runs better than my purpose-built PC.

My wife has a 2009 that we put an SSD and el capitain on and is running great. Old school core 2 Duo.

My 2013 MBP i7 is phenomenal running the latest OS and chomping through hundreds of 32 MP photos, which requires a lot of RAM. Meanwhile, my i7 work laptop (slightly lower spec i7, but fit similarly with 16GB of RAM, etc., has a hard time chomping through excel spreadsheets and large outlook attachments. Ugh!

I certainly don't see the obsolescence with apple computers. I will admit that my ipad first-gen retina model is slowing down with the latest OS, but it still surfs and plays video flawlessly.

I have a iPhone 4S that I got late 2011/early 2012. The only issue with it was a battery that died rather quickly. Ordered a new one from ifixit for like $30 and swapped it out in a couple minutes.

I have been looking at getting a new one, but keep impulsively buying other expensive things.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
They have been OK in our house, not good, not bad, but I'm amazed how slow some things run given that it is a closed architecture. Also how difficult they make archiving and sharing photos...
Also I'm not a fan of their planned obsolescence, its just a money grab as a huge corporation with only 3-4 products could support them for a little longer...
Personally, I would never buy another apple product again, but my wife likes them and that's what they give us at work, so I'll live with it.

Not really sure what youre talking about. Yes, I still run my original mac mini, and it is capped at what OS you can upgrade to, but that's because they changed from a more closed PPC architecture, to leverage the commonality benefits of the intel architecture. Id not call that planned obsolescence, per se... And the computer still runs fine from what, 2004?

My 2008 MBP is running the latest apple OS AND windows 7. Runs fine, in fact, runs better than my purpose-built PC.

My wife has a 2009 that we put an SSD and el capitain on and is running great. Old school core 2 Duo.

My 2013 MBP i7 is phenomenal running the latest OS and chomping through hundreds of 32 MP photos, which requires a lot of RAM. Meanwhile, my i7 work laptop (slightly lower spec i7, but fit similarly with 16GB of RAM, etc., has a hard time chomping through excel spreadsheets and large outlook attachments. Ugh!

I certainly don't see the obsolescence with apple computers. I will admit that my ipad first-gen retina model is slowing down with the latest OS, but it still surfs and plays video flawlessly.

My wife's first macbook from the late 2000's is stuck on some operating system version that it can't upgrade from. Her first Ipod version of the Iphone was dropped from upgrades. Now the Ipad mini can't update its Chrome browser anymore, and Safari is doesn't work for stuff my kids want to use it for.
They just seem to be a bigger PITA than they should be for what they cost and that apple designs every dang one of them. I don't want to become an apple expert as all my computing needs are served quite simply with a mid-range dell laptop, where I can move files around anyway and anywhere I feel like(this drives me crazy on the iphone)
My iphone5 has become slow since the last operating system "upgrade", and it feels like the touch screen software has been reconfigured somehow for the worse.

I've had a half dozen Iphones, no problems that I didn't cause with them. As for the rest of their stuff I've found their computers to be just OK nothing spectacular quality wise other than the pretty interface. They have their problems like anything else but I wouldn't say they are lower quality than the other manufacturers for similar spec'd systems.

I do think all of their products are way overpriced, you can almost always buy a similar spec'd windows laptop for nearly half of what a macbook will cost.

No issues on my part with 4 apple products including iPhone 4,5,6 and iPod touch 4th gen and iPad mini.

Our kids use the older devices trouble free. No complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back