Forever oil/filter combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are forced to do one last oil change on your vehicle to run until your engine siezes, what oil and filter would you choose?
What combo do you think could take you the furthest?

I choose Mobil 1 ext. perf.
Fram Ultra

Unicorn horn oil and bypass filtration.

However, in reality, 1000's of college kids make this decision every day.

Silly premise for a question.

Synlube Lube 4 Life w/Fram orange can
laugh.gif

http://www.synlube.com

I've got some Pennzoil Ultra (the good old stuff) in the garage and a Fram Ultra. That's what I'd use. Also have Mobil 1 EP...

Can we keep the oil topped up? Mine burns 1-1/2 quarts in 5k miles.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I've got some Pennzoil Ultra (the good old stuff) in the garage and a Fram Ultra. That's what I'd use. Also have Mobil 1 EP...

Can we keep the oil topped up? Mine burns 1-1/2 quarts in 5k miles.

If you're not allowed, yours and mine are both the first to go lol

Bit of a silly question, but I'm going to be silly and answer it.
Probably Amsoil SSO with an Amsoil oil filter.
If filled and run until death, more engines would die from being run dry than from old oil, though.

A major manufacturer 15w-40 HDEO . The filter some kind of syn media. Most likely one with a coil spring instead of a leaf spring to hole the element in place. Would a bypass filter be acceptable as well?

I guess if your currently running a bypass unit, you of course could use it. It is a silly question, just for some discussion.

Is your answer the same as what you run normally? I don't use M1 EP but do use fram ultras.

I would not use an efficient oil filter because it would load up and go to bypass. I would use a synthetic oil of higher viscosity than normally recommended like a 15/20w 50. So a WIX filter at the low end of their filters and maybe 20w50 Pennzoil or? This combo will probably get you to 50,000 miles before disaster strikes. I had a neighbor with a V8 Ford who never changed oil (just added) and he tossed a rod at 40,000 miles.
We stress about changing at 5,000 or 8,000 miles:)) Ed

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Amsoil Signature series with a Wix XP filter.

Bud wins !

Amsoil Top of the line ,signature series and a Wix XP rockcatcher

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Lol i saw this first hand. I worked at a gm/isuzu dealer
College kids rodeo comes in on a string with 15000 miles
Timing belt is broken
Engine locked up solid.
Get it up in the air and still has the factory oil filter. The factory origonal filter was different than the factory replacement so you could tell.
Mom would send kid money every few months to get car maintained but the money never went to the car.
It got spent on pizza amd beer.
It got a long block. Customer pay. Over 5 k if i recall correctly.

Originally Posted By: pdxglocker9mm
Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Lol i saw this first hand. I worked at a gm/isuzu dealer
College kids rodeo comes in on a string with 15000 miles
Timing belt is broken
Engine locked up solid.
Get it up in the air and still has the factory oil filter. The factory origonal filter was different than the factory replacement so you could tell.
Mom would send kid money every few months to get car maintained but the money never went to the car.
It got spent on pizza amd beer.
It got a long block. Customer pay. Over 5 k if i recall correctly.

Wow, idiots...I'd bet the folks bought the car for him in the first place. I went to school with a few of these kids.

I had a '90 integra handed down from my Dad with 200k miles on it. It got a wax job every month, on time oil changes with GTX if I remember, and was always maintained to the best of my financial ability...it makes me angry what some people do to their kids trying to give them everything. I hope the pizza was good. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back