For all the Tom Brady haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady suspended for 4 games next season. I tried to link the article but it didn't work.

Last edited:
I dont think it has to do with haters as much as it exposes the absolute unfairness of the process. The NFL banked on absolutely no proven evidence....but hearsay and guess work.

Originally Posted By: TheOnlySarge
I dont think it has to do with haters as much as it exposes the absolute unfairness of the process. The NFL banked on absolutely no proven evidence....but hearsay and guess work.

+1 I am from and live in New England and cannot wait for this to be over. I don't even care about the decision anymore.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
TheOnlySarge said:

+2 I am from and live in New England and cannot wait for this to be over. I don't even care about the decision anymore.

I love how you are labeled a "hater" if you think Brady did it and thus deserved punishment for cheating, lying, obstructing the investigation, destroying evidence, etc... Just makes me laugh. I live in the Patriot's home area and have followed the team going back to Jim Plunkett in the early 70's. I have been a Patriot fan a LOT longer than a lot of people defending Brady( well I am not really right now - too much cheating and unethical behavior for my taste since BB took over ). I was a fan in the dark days as well and not just in the modern era of success. The difference is I do not wear blinders and excuse stuff just because they are winning. I was raised better than that. So label me a hater for having common sense and expecting integrity of teams and players I follow if it makes you feel better.

I would actually say the ones who are ignoring the facts and are being influenced by their emotions on this are the fans of Brady and the Patriots. They are so in love with Brady and the team that they overlook obvious cheating. Just win baby( at all costs ). Very reminiscent of the Giants fans during Bonds steroid use. They loved him and blindly supported him while the rest of the country wanted him run out of the league and banned from the HOF for the cheater he is. Same now with Brady. NE fans ignore what he did while the rest of the country wants him held responsible.

The bottom line is Brady was involved in cheating. Period and end of story. No one, with an ounce of common sense, can truly believe he didn't know what was going on and that it wasn't at his request. That just stretches the bounds of credibility beyond the breaking point.

He plays for a coach who has a DOCUMENTED history of cheating and of pushing the rules as far as he possibly can as well. He has "grown up" as an NFL player in an environment where it is considered acceptable to cheat and to try and get away with whatever you can, whenever you can, to try and get any edge possible. If caught play dumb and deny.

The truth is he did it, got caught, and is paying a high price for being a repeat offender of sorts. His association with the team and their past cheating/rule pushing scandals( while he was QB )is biting him now. Also, if he had just owned it when caught and cooperated he would have faced probably just a fine and maybe a game max. Instead he and the team went on the defense by attacking the league and trying to shift focus off what happened. He destroyed evidence and didn't cooperate as well. So, he now has to lay in the bed HE made for himself.

I am glad the Court reinstated the suspension. Brady deserves it for the totality of all that has gone on with deflategate. I don't say that because it is Brady ether even though I admit I don't like him. I want to see cheating punished. IT should be more than a slap on the wrist too.

Last edited:
NHHEMI, yours is an excellent post. As often happens in life and in a judicial process, it's not the initial incident that jams you up, it's the lying and obstruction that brings the punishment.

If anything I think this whole process exposed how lax the NFL rules are regarding the pre-game ball handling procedures. I have only really gotten into following the NFL in previous years, but I assumed that there were NFL officials that took care of that, and not have team associated personnel control it.

It doesn't mean you hate Tom Brady if you think only a four game suspension is not a long enough punishment for him does it?

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I love how you are labeled a "hater" if you think Brady did it and thus deserved punishment for cheating, lying, obstructing the investigation, destroying evidence, etc... Just makes me laugh. I live in the Patriot's home area and have followed the team going back to Jim Plunkett in the early 70's. I have been a Patriot fan a LOT longer than a lot of people defending Brady( well I am not really right now - too much cheating and unethical behavior for my taste since BB took over ). I was a fan in the dark days as well and not just in the modern era of success. The difference is I do not wear blinders and excuse stuff just because they are winning. I was raised better than that. So label me a hater for having common sense and expecting integrity of teams and players I follow if it makes you feel better.

I would actually say the ones who are ignoring the facts and are being influenced by their emotions on this are the fans of Brady and the Patriots. They are so in love with Brady and the team that they overlook obvious cheating. Just win baby( at all costs ). Very reminiscent of the Giants fans during Bonds steroid use. They loved him and blindly supported him while the rest of the country wanted him run out of the league and banned from the HOF for the cheater he is. Same now with Brady. NE fans ignore what he did while the rest of the country wants him held responsible.

The bottom line is Brady was involved in cheating. Period and end of story. No one, with an ounce of common sense, can truly believe he didn't know what was going on and that it wasn't at his request. That just stretches the bounds of credibility beyond the breaking point.

He plays for a coach who has a DOCUMENTED history of cheating and of pushing the rules as far as he possibly can as well. He has "grown up" as an NFL player in an environment where it is considered acceptable to cheat and to try and get away with whatever you can, whenever you can, to try and get any edge possible. If caught play dumb and deny.

The truth is he did it, got caught, and is paying a high price for being a repeat offender of sorts. His association with the team and their past cheating/rule pushing scandals( while he was QB )is biting him now. Also, if he had just owned it when caught and cooperated he would have faced probably just a fine and maybe a game max. Instead he and the team went on the defense by attacking the league and trying to shift focus off what happened. He destroyed evidence and didn't cooperate as well. So, he now has to lay in the bed HE made for himself.

I am glad the Court reinstated the suspension. Brady deserves it for the totality of all that has gone on with deflategate. I don't say that because it is Brady ether even though I admit I don't like him. I want to see cheating punished. IT should be more than a slap on the wrist too.

You make Huge assumptions based on absolutely Zero Evidence! Zero .......

Without regard to who did what, do you think that Brady would have known the balls were under inflated when he handled the first one?

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

AMEN!!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Without regard to who did what, do you think that Brady would have known the balls were under inflated when he handled the first one?

Every QB on record since this came out said without a doubt all NFL QBS have direct first hand input to the conditions of the balls.

Do you think a NASCAR driver has his mom talk to his crew chief about the setup of the car.

Give me break! TB trashed his phone after the NFL interview when he should have asked for forgiveness IMHO.

What is an NFL?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
You make Huge assumptions based on absolutely Zero Evidence! Zero .......

There is plenty of evidence the majority of it is circumstantial there would be a lot more if Tommy did not destroy his phone right after his interview with the NFL.

This is a civil not a criminal case. I stated before billions of dollars have exchanged hands in the courtroom because of "more likely than not".

Erase all memories of Law&Order when you read the outcome of civil trials.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Originally Posted By: TheOnlySarge

+1 I am from and live in New England and cannot wait for this to be over. I don't even care about the decision anymore.

I hope Brady has the stones to retire.

The bigger the news for this the better for the NFL. The NFL is more relevant in the U.S. than any person or organisation. This decision mattered not. Goodell is a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back