Inflatables for fun and fishing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use an inflatable with a wooden floor rated for a 10hp outboard for fishing and boating on Lake George. I beefed it up a bit and use a 15hp outboard on it. IMO they're great, they fold up nice and compact, no need for roof racks or a trailer. Toss it in your vehicle pump it up and off you go.

The $100 inflatable you posted is a piece of junk. Fishing? Did you say fishing? I don't think so. You'll use that thing once before you realize what a monumental piece of junk it is. A complete waste of $100.

Find a used kayak or canoe if you want something small.

Most inflatables under $500 are not worth purchasing. Excluding those tube boats fly fisherman and such use, inflatables are hard to control, very slow, inefficient for space, blow around in the wind, do not handle waves very well, and sit you very low in the boat where you tend to encounter water.

The high-end inflatables? Those are very nice. But expect to spend thousands for a good one.

Some of my friends use the hard plastic fishing kayaks. They paddle well enough in a wind and go anywhere. For the money $3-400 they work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back