Kendall Versa Trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since BigD1 alerted us to a good online source of Kendall products, I've been thinking of using Kendall Versa-Trans in my '03 Hyundai Elantra. I was going to use Castrol Transmax Import Multi-Vehicle, but the Kendall can be had for about half the cost. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the Kendall stuff (it says it's suitable for Hyundai).

Its a synthetic blend fluid that says it meets Hyundai/Mitsubishi specs. Should be fine.

Valvoline Max-Life is the fluid I have been using in Hyundai/Mitsubishi transmissions and it has worked well also.

As long as the fluid says it meets the specs it should be fine. The biggest issue I have seen is not changing it enough, not the name on the bottle.

Agreed- I have used the Versa Trans in my Elantra and it worked fine.

Not sure if you're aware, but you can re-learn shift adaptives on that trans by getting it up to temp (120+) and from a stop accelerate up through the gears several times. They're really vague in their description, but I'm assuming you'd want to accelerate as you would normally drive. For grins, I also shift manually too.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

Not sure if you're aware, but you can re-learn shift adaptives on that trans by getting it up to temp (120+) and from a stop accelerate up through the gears several times. They're really vague in their description, but I'm assuming you'd want to accelerate as you would normally drive. For grins, I also shift manually too.

Interesting. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back