Japan's first stealth fighter jet test...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan has some unfriendly and aggressive neighbors. They need the deterrence. At sea, they have the Aegis weapon-system in Arleigh Burke destroyers and we have shared the SM-3 missile...

There was another BITOG thread on this that devolved rapidly, so I didn't weigh in on that thread.

Simply: Japan can build a great airplane. They simply need to decide it's worth spending the money to do so.

Given their geopolitical reality, they've decided that it is...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Japan has some unfriendly and aggressive neighbors. They need the deterrence. At sea, they have the Aegis weapon-system in Arleigh Burke destroyers and we have shared the SM-3 missile...

There was another BITOG thread on this that devolved rapidly, so I didn't weigh in on that thread.

Simply: Japan can build a great airplane. They simply need to decide it's worth spending the money to do so.

Given their geopolitical reality, they've decided that it is...

BINGO!

With China getting expansionist in the South China Sea, and North Korea shooting ICBM's through their airspace, Japan can't just ignore what's going on.

China would run over Japan like an F150 running over a turtle.

Not to mention the average Japanese man is about as sissified a man you could find on this earth, and I doubt they would last 12 hours if China invaded.

The Japanese won't buy an aircraft from us, and we build the best, unless THEY are allowed to build parts of it they can mine technology from.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The Japanese won't buy an aircraft from us, and we build the best, unless THEY are allowed to build parts of it they can mine technology from.

Best including the F35 ?

whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Danno

Best including the F35 ?

whistle.gif

Let the drama begin...
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

F35

My guess is they will get it right, but way over budget and delayed.. Sorta like the C series by Bombardier, a fine Canadian company

"The (C) program is over two years behind schedule, and more than $2 billion over its original budget of $3.4 billion." eh?

C Series

Originally Posted By: andrewg
There is a thread I posted about this over a week ago in the Aviation section.

Sorry about the re-post then. My apologies folks.

Manned fighters are stone age...when you can buy a cruise missle for 1.5 million a pop. They are already de3veloped, require no expensive fighter pilots.

F-35's are 100 million a pop and that doesn't even scratch th3e surface of design costs, deployment, training, expensive constant maintenance. It goes on and on.

A good number of carriers could go away for the same reason. Boomer subs could go away and be replaced by existing Fast attacks that can carry any number of cruise nuclear tipped missiles.

The military bureaucracy isn't designed to think bang for the buck...its how many bucks can we spend for a bang.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
F35

My guess is they will get it right, but way over budget and delayed.. Sorta like the C series by Bombardier, a fine Canadian company

"The (C) program is over two years behind schedule, and more than $2 billion over its original budget of $3.4 billion." eh?

C Series

Actually in a few weeks, it Will be decided Whitch new fighterplane we ( danish airforce) Will buy to replace our old f16.

The F35 get lots of critic for being to expensive, not finished and way too unreliable. It is up against f18 and eurofighter typhoon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Not to mention the average Japanese man is about as sissified a man you could find on this earth

Wow, nice sweeping generalization.

Originally Posted By: Al

Manned fighters are stone age...when you can buy a cruise missle for 1.5 million a pop. They are already de3veloped, require no expensive fighter pilots.

F-35's are 100 million a pop and that doesn't even scratch th3e surface of design costs, deployment, training, expensive constant maintenance. It goes on and on.

A good number of carriers could go away for the same reason. Boomer subs could go away and be replaced by existing Fast attacks that can carry any number of cruise nuclear tipped missiles.

The military bureaucracy isn't designed to think bang for the buck...its how many bucks can we spend for a bang.

Good points Al but what would we fly at airshows then?
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cjcride

Good points Al but what would we fly at airshows then?
smile.gif

Maybe more truth to what you said than just a lol.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: shDK
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
F35

C Series

Actually in a few weeks, it Will be decided Whitch new fighterplane we ( danish airforce) Will buy to replace our old f16.

The F35 get lots of critic for being to expensive, not finished and way too unreliable. It is up against f18 and eurofighter typhoon.

dutch-refuel-news__main.jpg

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
China would run over Japan like an F150 running over a turtle.

Not to mention the average Japanese man is about as sissified a man you could find on this earth, and I doubt they would last 12 hours if China invaded.

Make this statement to my Grandfather. It took him nearly 60 years to forgive the Japanese whom literally fought to the death with the Japanese.

His brother who was a paratrooper who fought in the invasion of Sicily and at the Battle of the Bulge admitted the fascist German's and Italian's did not commit suicide in the hopes of killing or wounding a American.

I would not get in the habit of generalizing a person's/peoples ability and will to fight just because they rather avoid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back