Pocket 380 wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The glock 43 is almost identical jto the LC9s. Tith the weights almost identical.

Shield "feels very" heavy compared to the LC9s and G43.

Originally Posted By: Al
The glock 43 is almost identical jto the LC9s. Tith the weights almost identical.

Do you speak about this with the same expertise as you do about Mustang Pockelites?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Do you speak about this with the same expertise as you do about Mustang Pockelites?

Can't let it go?..lol
Just put me on "ignore"

G&A had a test on single stack 9s last summer. http://www.gunsandammo.com/handguns/compacts/single-stack-9mm-shootout/

Very interesting observations. Pros and cons of each of 10 different models/brands.

I just shot the G43 yesterday. Familiar Glock ergonomics and trigger. Good accuracy (put a target at 25 yards, just to see...). I liked it quite a bit. So did my daughter. Bit more muzzle flip/felt recoil than the G19 we were shooting, but not terrible. If a 16 year girl likes the gun, it's not going to punish you for shooting it.

I'm looking for a single-stack 9, and really liked the G43. To be fair, I'll give a few others a try, like the M&P Shield, but you would be well served if you ended up with a G43.

Back on topic, if you were looking for a .380, I have to believe that shooting the G42 will be just like the G43, with a bit less recoil from the more modest round.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

I'm looking for a single-stack 9, and really liked the G43. To be fair, I'll give a few others a try, like the M&P Shield, but you would be well served if you ended up with a G43.

For sure try the LC9s and the Pro if you can find it.
Let me know what you think of the Shield. I must say mine is the most "reliable" of the 3.

Last edited:

Can't let it go?..lol
Just put me on "ignore"

Oh I can let it go, I just want to see if you have enough honor to state you were the one that was wrong, seems the answer is "NO", you may consider yourself ignored.

Oh I can let it go, I just want to see if you have enough honor to state you were the one that was wrong, seems the answer is "NO", you may consider yourself ignored.

Oh..is that all you want..OK yea its not a 1911...you are correct. I would still argue its a 1911 Platform:
" The Mustang XSP takes down just like any other 1911, has the same general appearance and functions much like its bigger brothers. However, there are some minor mechanicaldifferences"

There..is that OK?
10.gif

Last edited:

Oh..is that all you want..OK yea its not a 1911...you are correct. I would still argue its a 1911 Platform:
" The Mustang XSP takes down just like any other 1911, has the same general appearance and functions much like its bigger brothers. However, there are some minor mechanicaldifferences"

There..is that OK?
10.gif

That will work
cheers3.gif
Tough I would argue the differences are not minor.

Oh and the XSP is the Poly Framed one... The Pocketlite is the Aluminum one.

Last edited:

That will work
cheers3.gif
Tough I would argue the differences are not minor.
I actually agree with you, looking at the parts..lol

Last edited:
That's true

I do recommend looking at the Mustangs if you've decided you want a 380.

My "small 9" is a Defender - so I will let y'all get back to those polymer things

frown.gif

That's true

I do recommend looking at the Mustangs if you've decided you want a 380.

My "small 9" is a Defender - so I will let y'all get back to those polymer things

frown.gif

I'm sure the Colt if fine but if looking at that style also consider the Sig P238, or jump to a 9 with a "nearly the same size" P938.

You mean to say your small-9 is a weight-drain to 90% of our front pockets.

Again 90% of us keep our handguns a lifetime and don't shoot it more than 2K rounds covering a half-century.

So Polymers are the Bomb and your steel demands droopy drawers, big belts and/or suspenders.

As a point of order - it's aluminum, and it already has more than 2000 rounds...

But that's ok, it's completely a matter of preference and I see no need to defend it or attack your preference

You meant to say 'it's heavy".

Matters-not what the substance is called. What matters is the absence of pocket-dragging. What also matters is two edges of the Mustang that snags on pockets.

So in essence, that is not a pocket gun. A pocket gun is one that needs no holster really - is light and doesn't snag.

No that isn't what I meant to say... And I'll thank you to not put words in my mouth.

In fact - I am not even sure what you are talking about, not that it really matters, but are we talking about Defenders or Mustangs now?

Sub 500 I would look at the kahr. My only experience was rent and shoot at the range.

If you looking for super light, reliable and cheap, I carry a Taurus 380 TCP. It's tiny and light, been flawless, lifetime warranty if ever need it.

I also have a Taurus 9mm PT111 (wife's) and a Taurus Ultra lite 38. All have been totally reliable.
Museum pieces they are not, if your looking for quality of workmanship, fit and finish, they are not. But they will best/anything within $100 of their price range and they will shoot accurately and go bang should you ever need it.

Of course for people into guns the TCP may not make you happy, more so if your willing to spend 2 pr 3 times the price to admire something, if that's your thing, which I understand completely the TCP isn't for you.
If like me, you just want a simple inexpensive accurate little gun that you can literally put in your pocket you may want to check it out.

Let me take a step back on the Kahr, if I remember correctly it was easy to limp wrist. I have no been getting the itch lately to get something new, doubt I will but find the Diamondback DB9 interesting for a super compact 9. No slide lock but whatever.

Last edited:
I took a good look at the Walther PK380 yesterday. Nice pistol. Slim, good ergonomics. Fit my hand well.

Worth a look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back