World's best roads - Tasmania

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpb

I posted this in another section, but thought it would be of more interest to the BITOG motorcyclists. There's a 4 minute video in the link, worth a look! And to be fair, although I've never been to New Zealand, a Kiwi work colleague assures me their roads are just as good... Hopefully Silk can comment. If you know some better roads, let's hear about them! Having corners like these on my doorstep sure makes the dreary commute to work much more fun
smile.gif

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/2939513/mcn-rates-tasmanian-roads-best-in-the-world-video/

We've got Bell's Line of Road coming into town here.

It used to be gorgeous to drive, but they've dropped it to 80km/hr, and enforce it rigorously.

I think Tasmania is close to NZ in climate and terrain - more hills and denser forests than the mainland. I prefer my roads tighter than those in the video, but go fast guys like faster corners. Some nice back roads around here, some gravel but most sealed. I went for a ride yesterday, saw a few bikes, but once I got on the back roads I never saw another. I prefer my roads less refined.

Yes, my Kiwi mate tells me Tassie and NZ are very similar. I went riding for a couple of hours yesterday and today, it was a sunny 24 degrees, gotta make the most of it before winter arrives! Shannow, I've only ever driven Bell's, in the early 90's, in a 1985 Nissan Bluebird wagon...but I do recall it was a nice stretch of road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back