Rotella T6 and T mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotella is on sale and i'm thinking of making a 50/50 mixture and giving it a try it in my bike. I saw that a victory owner mixed T6 5w40 and conventional T15w40 and was happy with the results and the mixture didn't shear as much as T6 on its own in a separate test. I guess another option would be to buy T5 but I haven't found much info of anyone using it.

Any thought or concerns on this matter would be appreciated. The bike is a 2009 GSX650F.

Thanks

I've unintentionally mixed when I topped up T6 with Triple T. My GS500 leaks a little bit, so I top up often.

T5 is probably fine, but Triple T and T6 both explicitly list JASO on the bottle, while T5 doesn't, but that doesn't mean that it would qualify.

I actually like using the Triple T for top-off as a viscosity boost.

Being your in a cool climate up there I would not worry about shearing, bike makers know their oils shears and I suspect a reason for the 40, knowing it will go to the 30 weights.

Will it hurt anything? I doubt it. Will it help? I doubt it, more or less it wont hurt, possibly help but dont think your engine will ever notice.

I was thinking of trying the t6 and regular t. It's on sale in 5l jugs and the bike takes 3.5l. I'm going to have some left so I thought I would try a blend. Another person had a good uao with a blend in his bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back