New E.A.A. Bounty Hunter .22 L.R. / .22 Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I picked up a new European American Armory "Bounty Hunter" 10 shot Convertible Revolver. This thing is MASSIVE! It weighs in at a whopping 45 ounces. This model comes in a 6, 8, and a 10 shot model. The 6 and 8 shot models are built on an alloy frame. But the 10 shot model is built on a full sized all STEEL frame, that is identical to the centerfire Bounty Hunter Models. It is also about $150.00 more. But it's worth every cent.

The centerfire Bounty Hunter weighs around 38 ounces. The .22 rimfire is a full 7 ounces heavier because of the smaller chambers, along with the smaller .22 hole in the barrel. The cylinders swap out effortlessly, and the gun locks up nice and tight. It has a full transfer bar ignition like Ruger, so it can be safely carried with all 10 chambers loaded. For a fixed sight single action, the sights appear to be good. The front sight is a nice thick blade that fills the rear notch. The front sight height appears to be good. I'm hoping the gun will shoot point of aim, and not overly high or low.

This gun is much heftier than my Ruger Stainless Single Six Convertible. The cylinders are a full 1.733" in diameter. I doubt you could wear this thing out in a lifetime of shooting. Like most convertible .22's, I'm not expecting great accuracy from the Magnum cylinder. Most of these guns seem to shoot .22 L.R. ammo much more accurately than they do .22 Magnum, so we'll see. Some guys have better accuracy with the Magnum. It depends on how they size the barrel. Some are cut .222 for .22 L.R., while others are cut .224 for the Magnum. The gun is beautifully fit and finished for it's price. For anyone wanting a nice 10 shot model .22, check out the E.A.A. Bounty Hunter. You won't be disappointed. I can't wait to get some serious trigger time with this thing!

That is really cool. I had no idea they existed. I'll have to look into them. I've been wanting a new toy for my backyard range. I tend to fire the 22's more than anything. It's just more fun and less "Boom".

Love it! Much more cost effective than shooting 45 long colt in similar style large caliber guns.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Are these made in Germany?

The SAA style guns imported by EAA are made by Weihrauch in Germany

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Nice! The wood grip looks nice too.

Thanks. I really like the "thumbrest" they have built into the grip. I haven't seen that before. It really helps with my large hands.

Are these made in Germany?

Yes. It's stamped right in the barrel.... Very unobtrusively on the underside, along the ejector rod.

I'll have to check one of these out. I've always though a convertible .22 was a nice all around revolver. LR is cheap for high volume shooting and mag has decent power if ever needed for more serious work. Plus shorts or CBs for quieter practice.

I'll have to check one of these out. I've always though a convertible .22 was a nice all around revolver.

This is my second Convertible, Single Action .22 L.R. / .22 Magnum Revolver. My first was a Stainless Ruger Single Six. While it is a beautifully crafted piece, I honestly like this E.A.A. Bounty Hunter better. This thing reeks of quality. Especially for the price. The bluing is just beautiful, and I really like the heftiness of it. If it shoots as well as my Ruger I'll be a happy camper.

I also like the idea of having to eject and reload every 10 rounds. It gets a bit boring with a semi automatic to just keep stuffing magazines in after every 10 shots. Cocking the hammer after every shot, and ejecting and reloading makes the shooting experience a bit more fun. A bit like driving a stick shift as opposed to an automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back