a Hatfield’s and McCoy’s relationship cease fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can One imagine GM and Ford sharing a transmission. What's this world coming too. Lol

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-passenger/you%C3%A2%E2%82%AC-tm-ll-never-guess-which-ford-part-is-in-the-2017-zl1-camaro/ar-BBqBbgR

Originally Posted By: Toaster_Jer
Can One imagine GM and Ford sharing a transmission. What's this world coming too. Lol

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-passenger/you%C3%A2%E2%82%AC-tm-ll-never-guess-which-ford-part-is-in-the-2017-zl1-camaro/ar-BBqBbgR

HM......Economy of scale and sharing R&D costs?

AMC bought GM and Ford components since the 1970s,Jeep/Kaiser bought Buick 350s late 60s,Chrysler's New Process division sold transfer cases to everybody,then Chrysler and GM partnered up to rename it New Venture Gear.International bought Chrysler Torqueflites as did AMC and small time import brands.Saginaw steering columns and power steering pumps/gears wound up on non GM brands....etc.This is nothing new.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Stick with Aisin , thank me later

You mean, like the Aisin AW-55?

The one that was known to blow up in Volvos, Nissans, and Saturns?

Originally Posted By: Toaster_Jer

Joint development programs between automotive manufacturers have been around for years. It's not exactly new, nor is it not surprising at all that two major auto manufacturers would share the research and development on something as complex as that.

I have given up on brand loyalty. They are all just shared parts anymore. My 6f55 in my car is a shared trans with GM 6T80

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Stick with Aisin , thank me later

You mean, like the Aisin AW-55?

The one that was known to blow up in Volvos, Nissans, and Saturns?

Nope the A340.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
This kind of thing has been going on for decades.
GM sold TH400's to Rolls-Royce in the 1970's.
They were supplying 4 speed "Hydramatics" well before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back