Which style of radiator hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of these would you go for?

Gates or Goodyear / Continental.

Note that the Goodyear has spring clamps at the tee while Gates is molded.

The tee is where the existing hose failed, specifically where the smaller hose connected to the tee. But the existing hose is a different style to both of these and prone to failure at that point.

I think the Goodyear allows future fixes to be easier while the Gates has fewer points of failure.

Gates:
23089-1_TOP_A.jpg

Goodyear:

66457.jpg

I would go Goodyear here. The constant-tension spring clamps will adapt to differerntial aging of the two mated surfacers over time. The molded one will not.

I think both are high quality companies but one is better thought-out here. I don't know the application, but the sleeve also implies they are looking at the big picture.

I'd go with the one that has the spring clamps; that way I can take it apart if I need to.

I wonder why they have the little hose coming off of it anyway.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I wonder why they have the little hose coming off of it anyway.

Goes to overflow / reservoir.

Both are totally serviceable, you could replace the power grips with power grips or spring clamps if you wanted to when its been taken apart.

seen a early model focus with that kind of hose, sketchy if you ask me to do things like that.

The plastic "T" will get brittle and break before the hoses fail so service ability is a non issue. Get the one that fits better or is cheaper assuming they are all EPDM material

Thanks all. I've decided on Continental. There is another hose underneath this one and the spring clamps on the Continental make it easier to remove this hose without going to the radiator connection in future or replacing the Gates power grip clamps. The Continental is also a bit cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back