Dating a girl with a kid? Who's done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 26 and it seems harder and harder to not find a girl who hasn't gotten pregnant. It just seems like a nightmare and I'm not really at the stage to think about kids yet. I'm thinking in 10 years i'll think about it.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I'm 26 and it seems harder and harder to not find a girl who hasn't gotten pregnant. It just seems like a nightmare and I'm not really at the stage to think about kids yet. I'm thinking in 10 years i'll think about it.

Listen to what you are saying to yourself, you don't want a ready made family, so I would NOT be dating a woman with a child.

Keep looking, there are still plenty of girls that age that don't have a child, maybe you are looking in the wrong places.

I have, we're married now.
Never did understand the stigma.

Let me know how you will handle kids at 36, it's not lawn care. It's a lot of work.

I tried it once. Unless you're ready for kids I would pass. At 35 I found a woman never married, no kids so it can be done.

Don't get married. Buy a corvette instead. On second thought buy two corvettes.

I had three kids from previous relationship and my Wife had one when we started dating. They are all grown now and we just had our first grand Kid.
At 26 I was married had two kids and owned my first home. Had already started and sold a business.

I dated two before I married my wife. I was in my late 20s and they were in their 30s (one was actually 9 yrs older than I.) Realized I wasn't ready for the responsibility of a child since I didn't have my own. I moved on and kept looking.

Met my wife when she was 33. She was college educated, employed full-time, never married and no kids. Like someone else said, they are out there. You just have to look.

I have. It isn't easy to do most of the time. Don't ever get between a mother and her kids. You will lose every time, even if you are right.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
I have. It isn't easy to do most of the time. Don't ever get between a mother and her kids. You will lose every time, even if you are right.

This x 1,000,000

Originally Posted By: Burt
Don't get married. Buy a corvette instead. On second thought buy two corvettes.

Woah woah now who said anything about getting married? How do you buy a bigger boat when you're married?

At 26 you could be dating 21 year olds. Don't tell me there aren't any of those without kids.

I will say that late 20's women with kids are the easiest "catch" so to speak. They feel like they missed out on being single and childless in their teens and early twenties and now that their kids are a little older they're ready to let loose.

Leykis 101
27.gif

I have learned that I actually like kids. I never saw myself having children (still don't - I don't like babies and toddlers) but older than that is not bad.

It's fun doing 'family' things in addition to doing our own thing.

my current wife met me and my one year old daughter over 10 years ago; it can work as long as you completely accept that you are getting a package deal. I was a single father of a toddler still in diapers and we made it work.

I couldn't' be happier

so keep an open mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back