Review of Maguire's HD Headlight Polish kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2008 PT Cruiser and my 2010 Tacoma were in need of some headlight lens tlc, so here goes. First I tried the Turtle Wax kit on the Cruiser, it cleared them up noticeably, and was a fairly easy sand, Polish and treat affair. Only downside is they only give you protectant for one use, how crazy!
Next the Tacoma gets the Maguire's treatment. You, mask off, hand sand with 3000, the 1000 grit, the use the included drill polisher to bring the lens to crystal clear. When satisfied, you apply protectant. 30-40 min job tops. There's enough product to do probably a dozen sets of headlights, even large ones, very cool. My lights never looked better.
Just finished and now a hail storm, go figure!

First pic is passenger's headlight dirty, the other two pics are after cleaning.
The driver's side was much, much worse, but I forgot to take a pic, as storm was coming.

Truck.jpeg

Truck1.jpeg

Truck2.jpeg

Last edited:
When you finish the job, there's a bottle of protectant in the kit to apply. I used it, but only time will tell. It takes like 2 or 3 minutes to apply to both lights, so I'll try doing it at least monthly, or when I wash it, which is more often.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: BigD1
Good job.

Now go buy Sylvania Headlight Restoration UV Block Clear Coat, 1 kit before they re-haze.

Looks like they also they the full kit for $20. For others looking to refinish the headlights.

I have used the Sylvania full kit, and it works awesome, but it does require too much elbow grease. The 3M kit can be used with electric drill, and then the Sylvania UV block is easier on my old bones. There is enough of the UV block to do two cars. There is the spray on UV block that should work good too, but the wipe on worked good enough for me. Just watch the Sylvania video on how to apply the UV block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back