Q: How does Michael Vick express impartiality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A: He says, "I have no dog in this fight!"

whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Only some low class, uneducated trash would electrocute dogs for fun.

NFL brought him back since fans pay to see him play.

Yep....he should never have been allowed back in the NFL

So many people who live in glass houses... Vick returned to the NFL because he served his prison time and league suspension, and he was given a second chance after people like Tony Dungy lobbied for him. After he rejoined the NFL, most people outside of Philadelphia have no idea how much community service he performed.

But in some people's narrow minds, he'll carry the dog killer cross forever, right?

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
My wife still will not buy Nike products because of him.

Does she buy the apparel that Warren Moon (Vikings) promoted, being he is an acknowledged sexual harasser/wife beater?

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
So many people who live in glass houses... Vick returned to the NFL because he served his prison time and league suspension, and he was given a second chance after people like Tony Dungy lobbied for him. After he rejoined the NFL, most people outside of Philadelphia have no idea how much community service he performed.

But in some people's narrow minds, he'll carry the dog killer cross forever, right?
Maybe people would be a little more forgiving if he didn't enjoy killing dogfight losers in such horrendous ways.

If I was found guilty of doing this I would most likely lose my license I carry for my career. To me the same should apply to him. Time served and community service is great but that does not mean he should be back making millions again. To purposely do what he did shows what kind of person he is in my eyes. Put him in the cage with someone like Anderson Silva in his prime and not allow any tap outs.....just fight until someone says stop or Anderson Silva is tired.

It will. And it also speaks volumes about football fans who fawn over someone as despicable as that, doesn't it?

Originally Posted By: mcrn

If I was found guilty of doing this I would most likely lose my license I carry for my career. To me the same should apply to him. Time served and community service is great but that does not mean he should be back making millions again. To purposely do what he did shows what kind of person he is in my eyes. Put him in the cage with someone like Anderson Silva in his prime and not allow any tap outs.....just fight until someone says stop or Anderson Silva is tired.

The winning post regarding this matter.
01.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

It will. And it also speaks volumes about football fans who fawn over someone as despicable as that, doesn't it?

Who's fawning, pal? I spent 27 years in the Federal court system. Vick is a Federal convict who would be disqualified from working thousands of jobs. Just not in the National Felon League.

He should never have left prison unless it was in a body bag.

I worked in corrections and had a number of interesting conversations with inmates during the Vick affair.One fellow pointed out that lawyers,judges and all kinds of rich people were involved in dog fighting so what was wrong with it?.I pointed out that he was mistaking high income for high class and that money did not equal class.You can be poor and have class or have money and be a P.O.S.He got mad and stalked off.

As for whether or not he deserves to play pro.Well ... he has paid his debt to society.That's one view.The other view is high profile atheletes are role models and should comport themselves as such.I wouldn't hire him.

I had a thought if our lives weren't so easy and soft would we have the time to think or even care about dog fights? rooster fights etc? We would worry about food and shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back