It just happened in Britain: Drone hits airliner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combining technologies to paint a picture of the future is what news stories are made of.
Each link needs to be improved. Then, how much of each link needs to be assigned task by task.

For example: Advances in automatic/automated train operation (lower level, on-the-ground stuff) would have to be made and implemented LONG before they're applied all over the system.
That gives you SOME IDEA how far off air borne drones dropping jugs of Tide at our doorsteps will be.

The result is going to be that the hobby of flying radio controlled airplanes is going to be legislated out of existence because of these idiots flying multi-rotor drones.

I don't fly at my usual site anymore because of these idiots that have recently shown up with their multi-rotors. They buzz people while drinking beer and trashing the area and leave a mess behind.

Unfortunately, the technology to prevent idiots from using technology hasn't been invented yet. We need some sort of iris scanner interlock--if you're an idiot, no go!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The result is going to be that the hobby of flying radio controlled airplanes is going to be legislated out of existence because of these idiots flying multi-rotor drones.

I don't fly at my usual site anymore because of these idiots that have recently shown up with their multi-rotors. They buzz people while drinking beer and trashing the area and leave a mess behind.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Instead of going after just the idiot drone people, they will go after ALL flying R/Cs, even though it's only the drones that are causing the problems...

I light of the new news reflecting that the "drone" may have in fact been a paper bag, the British Civil Aviation Authority released a draft a/c identification guide for pilots today:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back