Coolant for 2010 and 2011 ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
G-05 is the factory coolant for my 2011. Well, Ford's expensive version of it. I used G-05 again, or if I wanted to use something cheap, I would use conventional green

The Focus will use G05, and your Fusion will use "specialty green" which is an asian P-HOAT (common P-HOAT equivalent is Mazda FL22, or Zerex Asian). Ford used a couple different coolants in that time period, depending on the model.

Motorcraft application chart indicates the following:

2010 Focus: G-05 coolant. That would be the Zerex version or Motorcraft Gold. All makes, all model is more of a DexCool formulation than G-05. Last time I purchased G-05, it was just as cheap at the Ford dealer as it was at a parts store. I had difficulty finding it in my area, so I went with Motorcraft.

2011 Fusion: more complicated. G-05 was used prior to 7/6/09 and the Dark Green Motorcraft Specialty Green coolant (not the same as the old school green) after that. Take a look and see what the Fusion has or find the build date, and base your choice on the info I provided.

Hope this helps out.

Thanks and the Dexcool says meets Ford WSS-m97b44-D so dunno if it's ok for focus. Fuaion my friend is going to dealer for
It since he works for ford
smile.gif

WSS-M97B44-D is for the Ford standard green, not specialty green spec. So the Focus is not covered under that spec. It is covered under WSS-M97B51-A1, which is for the Motorcraft Gold G-05.

This is from the Motorcraft Coolant application chart notes.

Ok, and I think the gold jug peak coolant has the ford spec; I am in Wal Mart and they have none of that
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back