Tahoe Window Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Hello,

I just had the front driver's side regulator replaced on Tuesday. Sure as ****, the rear passenger goes out last night.

Just wondering why the rear assemblies are more expensive than the front? Never had one fail yet in my lifetime. At least at AZ and AAP, they appear to be more.

Does it not pay to go down the road of a junkyard regulator?

Probably depends upon the design.

If its all metal with some sort of geared operation, then a used one, cleaned up and regreased may be fine. If its something with small strings that spool up and down, its anyones' guess...

The issue right now is I need to get it in to my mechanic, and see if it is the regulator or motor... or both. The front I knew was the regulator. This failure was quite different.

Window motor seemed to be failing - window would only go up 3/4 of the way, after work. Worked the switch a few times, then it gave up all together. I am not hearing any audible noise now, when engaging the switch, so I assume the motor is dead. If it is just the motor (50.00), that is one thing. The rear assembly and motor is around 200.00, twice the cost of the front assembly.

I put a dorman in my parents truck
Passenger front if i recall
It was 40 dollars cheaper all the way around
It included regulator and motor.
The oem made it 120k miles
When i installed the dorman I greased the heck out of the window tracks with silicone
The dorman is fine
your biggest culprit to motors going out is dry window guides lube them. If you see your window slow as molasses
You need to lube. If you cant lube then have a friend help push the window up as you activate the switch it will help save the motor.
I suspect if dad had lubed the window tracks the oem would still be running
They will be selling the truck soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back