Chevy vs. Dodge and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dareo
If you want to talk ethics, GM let people die with the ignition switch thing...

and Ford decided fighting exploding gas tank lawsuits was cheaper than fixing the problem.

Everyone needs to get off their automaker high horse...

If buying used? A GMT800 platform GM truck. Plentiful of parts, dang easy to work on. Something's broken or want to upgrade parts? You will find an acreful of GM trucks at a junkyard. Parts from Tahoes to 3500HD's will fit onto your Silverado/Sierra 1500 and vice versa. I've got junkyard parts on my 02 Silverado from different junkyard trucks and upgrades from later model trucks.

Last edited:
The past two trucks I owned were F350's
One Diesel and a gasser.
The rest of the family are Chevy drivers and they all hate Rams.
Me-I have no brand loyalty and if it drives well and is easy to work on, I'll consider it.

To me Ford represents my idea of what a truck should be. However nothing is perfect and I must admit the ride can get rather stiff
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Olas
Ford compete with Vauxhall over here, which is a sub division of GM.
They compete because their cars are similarly priced, similarly built, and similarly rubbish.

Cant really compare the $hitboxes GM & Ford make for European markets to Fullsize Pick-ups in North America.

I have a 2015 Silverado. 4x4, 4.3 V6, All Star Edition. I had a hard time deciding if I wanted a Chevy or a Ram. I really enjoyed test driving both. The Chevy is quiet and smooth. The V6 has more than enough power in my opinion. I liked how the Ram looked, I didn't like the transmission selector knob. I ended up with the Chevy because I got an employee discount which made it the least expensive. Honestly I thought both were great trucks and would have bought either one. Drive them both and pick whatever one you like the most, with proper maintenance they will both last.

Stupid question. I own Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, two German brands.

If any one brand automatically trumped all, I'd only have one brand.

If the product is right for me, I buy it. If it isn't, I could care less.

All companies have good models and bad models.

I am very happy with my 2015 RAM 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi.

The ZF-8 is just awesome, mixed driving I am averaging 20.4 MPG on my Jan trip to Missouri and back I averaged 27.4 MPG averaging 79 MPH.

The crew cab hauls my family of 5 and my son's GF comfortably, the 115 AC outlet is a nice luxury when we go camping, along with the floor coolers in the back.

All in all compare and drive the vehicles you are looking at buying and buy the one that fits you best.

I am very pleased with my Ram. Each is his/her own.

Originally Posted By: TmanP
To be fair, GMC + Chevy (almost exactly the same truck) sell more trucks than Ford does. It's that they are under different brands, but combined they sell more than Ford.

For most of the last decade this simply has not been the case and this year is no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back